This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Bioshock is the most overrated game this generation

#51MonopomanPosted 2/5/2013 5:33:49 PM
USF posted...
enigma2274 posted...
If you couldn't enjoy the first Bioshock, you've forgotten what it means to be a gamer.

Hah oh ****ing please. Go play System Shock 2, craps all over Bioshock. As I said, everything Bioshock did or tried to do SS2 did better and came out light years before Bioshock. Hah forgotten to be a gamer, not sure if serious.

This is an irrelevant post dude, the fact is the game has a great story immersive game world and interesting characters.

Who gives a **** if system shock 2 did it "better" when that game had a problem of going a bit too extreme with game mechanics and difficulty for the average gamer. For another example look at Deus Ex vs. Deus Ex Human Revolution, the original Deus Ex is harder to enjoy these days thanks to a multitude of factors Human Revolution is much easier to get into. That is what we have with Bioshock and System Shock 2.
#52arstosPosted 2/5/2013 5:40:32 PM
USF posted...
enigma2274 posted...
If you couldn't enjoy the first Bioshock, you've forgotten what it means to be a gamer.

Hah oh ****ing please. Go play System Shock 2, craps all over Bioshock. As I said, everything Bioshock did or tried to do SS2 did better and came out light years before Bioshock. Hah forgotten to be a gamer, not sure if serious.

Problem is few of us here are pc gamers, so most of us haven't played the system shock games. It would be nice is they got the hd treatment and ported to ps3. They do look pretty fun
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#53wsoldier182Posted 2/5/2013 6:37:47 PM
USF posted...
Not THE most overrated one but it's pretty overrated. I thought it didn't deserve the hype nor the praise it got, makes me wonder if anyone praising it even played System Shock 2. SS2 did everything Bioshock did but did it better and years ahead. I can see how the game could feel great if you've never played SS2, I don't know maybe it's just the way I experienced it. The whole time I played it all I wanted to do was turn it off and play SS2 instead.

Not the most though, I can list at least 5 games more overrated this gen.

I loved Bioshock and have never played system shock but I can relate to your opinion.

I played the first two fallout games before playing the third one. I had a friend who thought FO3 was the greatest game ever. I couldn't agree because it had borrowed so many elements from the first two.
---
We're all going to the same place, we're just using different maps.
#54diabolicalPosted 2/5/2013 7:24:08 PM
It's not the most overrated nor is it overrated. I really despise that word. It's a great game with one of the best and purest SP experiences I've played this gen, if not any gen.
#55ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/5/2013 7:24:55 PM
Deny, Skyrim is.
#56Matt_edenPosted 2/5/2013 7:51:30 PM
I find it overrated, scared me a but actually
---
It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys..
PSN: Matthew-Peden-
#57MrUntouchable18Posted 2/5/2013 8:03:51 PM
D. Bioshock and Borderlands 2 are my favorite FPS of all time. I've played COD and it just doesn't compare.
---
Madness is like gravity all it takes is a little push.
-Heath Ledger (Joker)-
#58kel25Posted 2/5/2013 8:12:37 PM
Deny. It's a tie between Demon Souls and Nier.
#59Infinite 2003Posted 2/5/2013 9:29:42 PM
Deny. It is overrated though. As good as that first play through is, it severely lacks replay value.
---
Go Habs Go!
http://a.yfrog.com/img858/4876/ycqzy.jpg