This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

THE WITCHER 3 is official

#1zerooo0Posted 2/5/2013 4:21:36 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/the-witcher-3-is-official

-CDPR Free Expansions pack after release
-Target release 2014
-Next Gen(So most likely PS4 May arrive later than , 720)
-Isn't broken up into acts
-NO QTEs From the article(quick-time events are out entirely)
-The world is 30X larger than the last game(Bigger than Skyrim)
-Fast Travel, and Horses, Horses can be also used for combat
-Geralt will play the part of monster-hunter and detective throughout his quests, which developer CDP claims will occupy more than 100 hours of players' time
-Each new area has it's own story, and branching paths
-In combat, you can interrupt attack animations to dodge or block, which depletes stamina.
-Dodging isn't a big somersault anymore, however Geralt pivots to evade attacks while maintaining the momentum of a fight.
-Enemy A.I revamped

I know this is too early to tell obviously, but best RPG of 2014 confirmed? I think so.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#2doraemonllh1989Posted 2/5/2013 4:27:11 AM
honestly this is looking REALLY good,i played 1 but not 2 since i dont have an xbox and my pc suck,but i will get this if i have a next gen console :)
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#3Rob_the_NinjaPosted 2/5/2013 4:28:31 AM
There's scans floating around. The graphics don't look like a huge step above The Witcher 2, but the fact that it's in an actual open world instead of hubs makes it much more impressive.

Day one on PS4.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#4CrysianiaPosted 2/5/2013 4:46:17 AM
Day one on the PC.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:47:40 AM
I'll be just impressed if they keep their promise on no QTE. Not that I don't like them or anything, but you never know until we see gameplay.
---
#6CrysianiaPosted 2/5/2013 4:51:39 AM
zerooo0 posted...
I'll be just impressed if they keep their promise on no QTE. Not that I don't like them or anything, but you never know until we see gameplay.

QTE have their place, interactive movie or just movie I dont see a reason to like one more than another really, though in combat out of cinematics it does get anoying.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#7Darth_KamcioPosted 2/5/2013 4:56:43 AM
"Non-linear storytelling with branching paths dictates that avoiding the central plot of seeking out Geralt's lost love, Triss Merigold, will have ramifications."

I have read all the books, played both games and I am pretty damn sure it's supposed to be Yennefer of Vengerberg, not Triss.

"Fast travel is a go"

Crap, my achilless heel. I always regret to use it, since I really want to explore, but it's just there along with the temptation... Well, nevermind, it's just me.

"Dodging isn't a big somersault anymore, however Geralt pivots to evade attacks while maintaining the momentum of a fight."

Looks like they are aiming to capture the fighting scenes from the books, where there was no room for wild hack&slash with no regards to one own's safety (the Witcher 1) or leaping through the field of battle like an idiot (TW2).

I'm looking forward to this :D
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#8zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:56:45 AM
Crysiania posted...
zerooo0 posted...

QTE have their place, interactive movie or just movie I dont see a reason to like one more than another really, though in combat out of cinematics it does get anoying.

Like I said before, it doesn't really bother me if they're in or not. But, it will be interesting if CDPR can remove them completely, and still make an interactive game. But, yeah doesn't bother me if they're in, or not.
---
#9nouseravailablePosted 2/5/2013 6:10:46 AM
zerooo0 posted...

-Next Gen(So most likely PS4 May arrive later than , 720)

This put me off, i wont have neither by that time.
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
#10jessica73Posted 2/5/2013 6:13:31 AM
honestly this is looking REALLY good,i played 1 but not 2 since i dont have an xbox and my pc suck,but i will get this if i have a next gen console :)

why don't you just upgrade so you can have the witcher 2 save for 3

Day one on the PC.

---
http://i.imgur.com/YunmD.png