This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 Kotaku review is up!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dead Space 3 Kotaku review is up!!!

User Info: djiluvu44

djiluvu44
3 years ago#1
http://kotaku.com/5981589/dead-space-3-the-kotaku-review?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Dead Space 3 in a nutshell = boring

User Info: DemiFist

DemiFist
3 years ago#2
Kotaku...
lol..
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"

User Info: Bestia_Somnia

Bestia_Somnia
3 years ago#3
Dead Space 3 is terrible. The snow environment really takes away from the dark atmosphere. It's not claustrophobic anymore, which takes a lot of the horror away. It felt like a lazy way to not have to create as many metallic detailed interiors because they can just slap a load of basic white textures everywhere, make a snow blizzard so that they can get lazy with the draw distance and just have a generic sky. The gritty industrial style is what made things much more nerve-wrecking because it made the environment feel hollow and lonely - isolated. Also, having humans and necromorphs with guns was a terribly generic idea, as well as the cover system which is a completely tacked on piece of **** in a failed attempt to freshen the gameplay up.

The demo basically felt like Lost Planet with RE6's gameplay. With the workbench you can even build yourself ammo/health/stasis packs so that you never have the fear of running short on supplies. Where is the "survival" in that? I know that there will be a classic Dead Space mode, but that's not available until you beat the game, or knowing EA until you shortcut that by paying them $8.95. I don't want to have to play through the terrible version of the game to get to play the superior version. I'd rather just save my 40 and buy myself a game that I can guarantee will be the best it can be from start to finish.

User Info: kingstag

kingstag
3 years ago#4
The snow environment is easily THE BEST thing about Dead Space 3. The game has a bunch of issues but the atmosphere is certainly not one of them.

I for one am glad that they chose to go a slightly different route with the environments.

User Info: ashnaile

ashnaile
3 years ago#5
Is there any story shown in multi player and not in singleplayer? If i can't get the entire experience from singleplayer i wont be buying this, dread has filled me since the announcement of multiplayer.
Armor won't help the heart stay sharp! Shellbust Stab!

User Info: Shadow_Cloud

Shadow_Cloud
3 years ago#6
Kotaku usually seems lenient so this game must be rather mundane if it managers to bore them. Then again, they did say that playing through the game co-op added a lot more to the experience. I can probably say the same for RE5 and RE6 since I played through those games with co-op.

User Info: Shadow_Cloud

Shadow_Cloud
3 years ago#7
ashnaile posted...
Is there any story shown in multi player and not in singleplayer? If i can't get the entire experience from singleplayer i wont be buying this, dread has filled me since the announcement of multiplayer.

According to the review, there are some exclusive co-op missions that flesh out the second player and his relationship to Isaac a bit more.

User Info: kingstag

kingstag
3 years ago#8
ashnaile posted...

I've read at least two reviews that claim that not only are there co-op only missions that they are some of the best missions in the game and provide the best integration with the previous games.

Seems like the single-player is a damaged experience.

If true I'm a little annoyed that the developers flat out lied about this.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dead Space 3 Kotaku review is up!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived