This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix Loses 5.7 billion yen due to Poor Console Sales

#61Kage_AM2Posted 2/5/2013 2:32:41 PM
If Square Enix had already done Final Fantasy Versus 13, Kingdom Hearts 3 and a true Parasite Eve on consoles then they would be doing a lot better. Instead they focus on terrible spinoffs and cellphone games that nobody wants to play.
#62Gen2000Posted 2/5/2013 2:37:04 PM
Mainly whores out one series that a majority openly express a dislike for.
Don't port/bring over series that people want.
Keeps troll teasing/delaying series everyone wants for 3+ years.

The fact that SE is even the slightest bit confused on their financial trouble with decisions like that is just...just..lol.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#63The_BonesPosted 2/5/2013 2:43:26 PM
They need to get rid of Yoichi Wada and preferably Motomu Toriyama. Pretty much everyone can see that a problem lies in their management but they don't do anything about it.
#64kewldude475Posted 2/5/2013 2:45:01 PM
Kage_AM2 posted...
If Square Enix had already done Final Fantasy Versus 13, Kingdom Hearts 3 and a true Parasite Eve on consoles then they would be doing a lot better. Instead they focus on terrible spinoffs and cellphone games that nobody wants to play.

Name the "terrible spinoffs that no one wants to play".
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#65kewldude475Posted 2/5/2013 2:46:44 PM
656stooge posted...
Here's a tip: Stop paying guys like Nomura that have done nothing this gen. And while you're at it fire everyone that thought XIII was a good idea.

Actually, in the 7th gen, he made Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, which was very successful, and he made Dissidia and Dissidia 012. He also made two successful DS games.

Oh you mean he did nothing (in your opinion) for the PS3? If so, your post is more stupid than I thought.
---
#66goemon1977Posted 2/5/2013 2:46:48 PM
Thamauturge posted...
Agreed but I would also kick Nomura's sorry ass out of their as well, really what has he been doing the past 5 years?

He's been forced to keep his lips zipped about Versus. Nomura and Ito are the only talent left at SE... why fire Nomura for something that Wada is the mastermind of?

I feel they are all to blame, Wada is a crackpot, but so is everyone else for hanging around that place. Nomura could go anywhere he wants with his credentials yet he chooses to hide in that pit of nothingness.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#67kewldude475Posted 2/5/2013 2:47:26 PM
GuardianShadow0 posted...
jukins posted...
Lol I love how they blame low console sales when they've released nothing but crap. The two or three games ppl actually wanted like ft versus, kingdom hearts 3, and (at least for some) off XIV have been mia or so bad that they pretty much had to remake he entire game (ffxiv). Instead we got ffxiii 3 times and about 100 kingdom hearts spinoffs. I've pretty much lost the last little bit of faith I had in SE.

Birth By Sleep was a great game, but the other three or four KH games weren't anything special.

3 KH games were released this gen. All were good, considering their platform.
---
#68BlinkWinkelPosted 2/5/2013 4:03:46 PM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...

FF7 remake would make everyone happy and solve all their problems, it would sell enough to make up their loss, but they just refuse to do it even after bringing it up so many times.

This. Either a FF7 or Chrono Trigger remake with FFXIII's graphics, and there you go, financial issues solved.
---
PSN: http://psnprofiles.com/BlinkWinkel
#69SxmfctPosted 2/5/2013 4:17:31 PM
BlinkWinkel posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...

FF7 remake would make everyone happy and solve all their problems, it would sell enough to make up their loss, but they just refuse to do it even after bringing it up so many times.

This. Either a FF7 or Chrono Trigger remake with FFXIII's graphics, and there you go, financial issues solved.

ITP: making a game as large as ff7/chrono trigger with current graphics is cheap and easy
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#70Junpei_StupeiPosted 2/5/2013 4:31:39 PM(edited)
Master_Happosai posted...
Maybe they should go back to making Japanese RPGs.

^ This.

They need to make less Duex Exes, less Hitmans, less Sleeping Dogs, less Tomb Raiders, less Just Cause 2s, less browser games, less mobile games, and less MMOs.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.