This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aliens Colonial Marines fans......... 2hrs of gameplay

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Aliens Colonial Marines fans......... 2hrs of gameplay
2 years ago#41
I need no video, co-op sold me a long time ago... though watching it was quite nice :P

Can't wait to run through co-op survival, I'm hearing news of being able to do the story in co-op mode as well. Hopefully it's true...
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
2 years ago#42
TheBudds posted...
I need no video, co-op sold me a long time ago... though watching it was quite nice :P

Can't wait to run through co-op survival, I'm hearing news of being able to do the story in co-op mode as well. Hopefully it's true...

Yes it has 2player local co-op story or 4 player online.
Must not watch video and spoil anything for next week. I've been avoiding just about anything related so as to be surprised.
---
PS3: Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3
Vita: EDF 2017, Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4 PSN: enigma2288
2 years ago#43
I'm still iffy about this game.
Parts of it look good, but parts of it look "meh" too.
Like the Alien death animations look lame and lack variety.
They either explode into chunks or just fall down in the exact same manner time after time.
The environments look detailed, but the overall design seems uninspired.
I don't know...just something about it seems off.

I'll probably end up picking the game up, but not right away, & will likely wait for a price drop...unless I see something in future game-play footage that convinces me otherwise.

But so far, the game looks good, but not really all that impressive, imho.
2 years ago#44
Maybe my expectations were very low and/or I didn't believe this could be done to any level of quality but I may actually end up getting this
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
2 years ago#45
Can someone enlighten me pretty quickly on this franchise? I am not familiar with these movies(?).
I have seen #2 I think 15 years ago, it was with a woman. Or am I thinking something else?

I have to go now, but if anyone wants to inform me about this series, I will be grateful. I'll check this topic when I return, if no one responded I'll just search online.
If you do take time to respond (and I'll appreciate it):

1) Is this tge same series from "Alien" part in "Aliens vs Predator"? I have seen that movie.
2) How many movies(?) are there? Which are canon? What are the best versions? Bluray versions?
3) Extra Canon like [Comics, Animation, Games]?
4) Are they Horror movies(?)? Years of release?
5) Game is canon?

I guess enough for now.
Thanks.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
2 years ago#46
enigma2274 posted...
TheBudds posted...

Yes it has 2player local co-op story or 4 player online.
Must not watch video and spoil anything for next week. I've been avoiding just about anything related so as to be surprised.

Can't wait for this game now, just saw the video a bit ago and saw the option for co-op story... sadly I won't be able to pick it up till the end of February.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
2 years ago#47
Whoa. That looks good. Love me a good alines or AVP game...hell, I loved that last AVP game.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
2 years ago#48
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Can someone enlighten me pretty quickly on this franchise? I am not familiar with these movies(?).
I have seen #2 I think 15 years ago, it was with a woman. Or am I thinking something else?

I have to go now, but if anyone wants to inform me about this series, I will be grateful. I'll check this topic when I return, if no one responded I'll just search online.
If you do take time to respond (and I'll appreciate it):

1) Is this tge same series from "Alien" part in "Aliens vs Predator"? I have seen that movie.
2) How many movies(?) are there? Which are canon? What are the best versions? Bluray versions?
3) Extra Canon like [Comics, Animation, Games]?
4) Are they Horror movies(?)? Years of release?
5) Game is canon?

I guess enough for now.
Thanks.

1. It's from the Alien series, AVP doesn't exist in terms of cannon with the original films. Not to mention they are just terrible films.

2. 4 movies, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien resurrection. IIRC the 4th Alien movie is not cannon, and I am not sure about 3. I know Alien and Aliens are definitely cannon. I remember people being butt hurt about Alien 3, and Alien resurrection was just a bad movie altogether. Get the blu ray version of Alien and Aliens at the very least. (Don't quote me on Alien 3 and Alien: R not being cannon, I am not sure where I heard it and for all I know I am dead wrong about those 2 movies.)

3. I do not think the comics, games or anything are cannon to the series.

4. Alien is a straight up horror flick, Aliens is an action movie, same goes with Alien 3 and Alien: R.

5. The game is cannon, its set shortly after the events of Aliens.

Also, yes there is a woman, Ripley and she is one badass woman!

TC, Good find, I had not seen this video and TBH I aint watching it. I have been pumped for this game for way to many years. lol
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
2 years ago#49
I'm pretty sure Alien 3 is cannon.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
2 years ago#50
USF posted...
I'm pretty sure Alien 3 is cannon.

It probably is, I cannot even remember where or when I heard it wasn't. I looked some stuff up and apparently Ridley only considers Aliens to be cannon and not the other 2 movies. I also know James Cameron despises Alien 3, so I guess it depends on who you ask. The directors or the studio.

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/227/alien-3-and-resurrection-canon/p1
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Aliens Colonial Marines fans......... 2hrs of gameplay

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived