This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout: New Vegas is this game playable?

#1dsagent7Posted 2/5/2013 8:59:50 AM
I bought Fallout 3: GOTY edition and it was great except the freezing and glitches were actually worse than any game I have every played.

It seems that this game may actually be worse. Has the ps3 version ever been patched?
---
This is not a signature
#2JusticeSwordPosted 2/5/2013 9:05:12 AM
If like me, you want to do everything, & collect everything, & play all of the DLCS, then no, the game becomes a mess if you reach a certain filesize, its extremely disrespectful to those who own the game on ps3 in regards to the state its in.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#3lawjr3Posted 2/5/2013 9:07:25 AM
I started it over, filesize is under 4mb. Went straight to The Lonesome Road. Game froze within two minutes of LR loading.
#4Virus66Posted 2/5/2013 9:08:33 AM
I refused to play New Vegas because of the issues you mention TC.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#5abuck662Posted 2/5/2013 9:50:54 AM
never any issues here...but hey what do i know...i don't complain about everything i just enjoy the games
---
RW's LastCall2005
#6TheSpaniard88Posted 2/5/2013 9:52:14 AM
I never had that much of a problem on the Vanilla edition, but the GOTY edition is notorious for freezing.
---
Laugh, and grow fat.
#7jrr18Posted 2/5/2013 9:52:58 AM
With DLC it makes fallout 3 look like a bug free game.
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#8RandommmNameeePosted 2/5/2013 10:05:55 AM
I had a few (maybe 2-3), almost game-breaking experiences on FO3 GOTY, but when I got past them the game was just fine.

With FO:NV (non-GOTY) I can't really remember any issues, but if I had any, I don't really recall them. It's very playable, however I did not do all the quests so maybe I didn't encounter any glitches on account of that fact.
#9RafedxPosted 2/5/2013 10:07:01 AM
dsagent7 posted...
I bought Fallout 3: GOTY edition and it was great except the freezing and glitches were actually worse than any game I have every played.

It seems that this game may actually be worse. Has the ps3 version ever been patched?

New Vegas with no DLC is perfectly fine now, however as soon as you start adding DLC's you are going to run into issues.

With just 2 DLC's added I had minor issues, as soon as I tried to add more the game would freeze every 20min, or it would drop in FPS really badly. The Gun Runners Arsenal just completely breaks the game for me, if I have just NV and only GRA I get massive issues.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.