This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Binary Domain playable without a mic?

#11dj___rollPosted 2/5/2013 10:26:42 AM
Quote:Yes, you can. I recently completed the game, and I didn't use a mic.

You're in for a real treat...the game is absolutely amazing...great gunplay, bosses and story.

@carib2g

I'm only a couple hours in, but I find the gun play clunky. It's part of what's keeping me from playing it further. Does it get better? Or is it advance, shoot some people, advance, shoot some people?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#12este914Posted 2/5/2013 10:31:18 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
thanks everyone, is there splitscreen horde mode? 2-4 players? (I know there's no split-screen story co-op)

IIRC it's called "Invasion Mode" here.... I would highly recommend getting this game. Its quite fun.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/614204-binary-domain for more info
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#13HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:35:21 AM
este914 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
thanks everyone, is there splitscreen horde mode? 2-4 players? (I know there's no split-screen story co-op)

IIRC it's called "Invasion Mode" here.... I would highly recommend getting this game. Its quite fun.

splitscreen invasion mode? 2-4 players? (BD board is dead)
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#14este914Posted 2/5/2013 10:36:15 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
este914 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...

splitscreen invasion mode? 2-4 players? (BD board is dead)

Duno. Search or ask there ^
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#15rahmed51387Posted 2/5/2013 11:27:16 AM
1. Yes, the game is playable without a mic. But you may have trouble organizing orders in the heat of boss fights. There are parameters that allow you to adjust voice recognition and background noise acceptance in the mic, and as long as you enunciate clearly and distinctly, they recognize it decently well. Also, there are more commands available to speak into the mic than the in-game options allow, and it helped me coordinate my team's actions better. For instance, you can individually issue commands to characters with a mic, but without a mic, your commands go to the entire team. Also, at given moments, you can praise your teammates' actions and their individual/collective trust increases.

To issue commands with a controller, hold L2 + press the desired command button (list pops up in bottom left corner)

2. There is NO SPLIT-SCREEN multiplayer in this game. All multiplayer is online. Invasion mode is up to 4 players, but can be played with any number up to that (even solo, if desired!) I honestly think this would have been a GREAT co-op campaign to go through had it not been for the SP focused Trust system, there are predicaments in the storyline that would have made for interesting human interactions.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.