This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is considering "giving up" on gaming after this current generation?

#51EricCraptonPosted 2/6/2013 11:00:18 AM
I have not yet heard a single rumor regarding the next generation of gaming that is making it even the slightest bit appealing to me. Even if those rumors turn out to be false, I still am not going next gen. I stop here. I won't miss it, either. Its not worth all of the negatives to play one or two good games every few years.
---
Terrible, take a lap.
#52JoveHackPosted 2/6/2013 11:10:48 AM
EricCrapton posted...
I have not yet heard a single rumor regarding the next generation of gaming that is making it even the slightest bit appealing to me. Even if those rumors turn out to be false, I still am not going next gen. I stop here. I won't miss it, either. Its not worth all of the negatives to play one or two good games every few years.

^ This. It's not any one thing, but a whole horde of aggravating aspects of current- and next-gen gaming.

It's much more fun and cost effective to just get into cell-phone gaming. They focus on fast and fun.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#53nihilist212Posted 2/6/2013 11:11:54 AM
For me it comes down to pricing and the used game issue. If they block them, then it's a no for me.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#54fvzzPosted 2/6/2013 11:45:56 AM
nihilist212 posted...
For me it comes down to pricing and the used game issue. If they block them, then it's a no for me.

same here, but always online and backwards compatibility/available back catalog are also big factors for me.

im still planning on buying a new ps3 in time for gta, and i will maintain it well before i buy next gen, if i do.

if next gen completely disappoints me, i will just stick to current, psp, and android for my gaming needs. the thought is depressing though.
#55KingMiniMoniPosted 2/6/2013 11:47:11 AM
If you can't have fun with recent games you should just go retro!
---
UMvC3: Captain America/Hulk/Iron Man
#56DefYouthPosted 2/6/2013 11:48:49 AM
In the past, I'd be super-hyped for next-gen anything. Nowadays, I'm crossing my fingers hoping they don't screw it up.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#57JoveHackPosted 2/6/2013 11:52:17 AM
KingMiniMoni posted...

Did just that by sticking with the PS2. All the vast PS2 library is available, along with the PS1.

If the PS3 had kept PS2 backwards compatibility I'd probably have one by now, for the HDMI connection, the built-in smoothing function, and no longer needing PS1 or PS2 memory cards.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#58ab2c4Posted 2/6/2013 11:58:32 AM
Right now I am completely bored with this gen and am just hanging out waiting for next gen. I have no plans on buying any more games for this gen but I am really looking forward to the ps4 and will no doubt be gaming a lot once next gen gets going.
#59EricCraptonPosted 2/6/2013 12:51:07 PM
KingMiniMoni posted...

Oh I love recent games! I'm a huge fan the Elder Scrolls, Bioshock and Fallout series, as well as some others here and there. But I can see the writing on the wall and how things are evolving and I dislike it immensely. I'm not opposed to dlc in general. I think Fallout and the Elder Scrolls, for the most part, have very good dlc thats worth the price. In those instances, it does feel like an entirely new.experiece and not just crap to nickel and dime you.

Its not just dlc, but like someone else just said, its everything all together. Its not worth spending...what...$600 for a new bluray player and a better Internet navigator. I'm not bitter. Gaming just changed drastically over te past few years and while I certainly am not done with gaming, not by a longshot, I won't be joining you next gen. And like I said, I know that I won't miss it.
---
Terrible, take a lap.
#60SCCAN85Posted 2/6/2013 1:09:10 PM
Like someone else mentioned, the jump to a ps3 from a ps2 had enough reasons. I don't really see much of a reason to jump from a ps3 to a ps4 yet.

I have enough of a backlog including handhelds and previous systems that I don't see myself jumping the gun to pick up any of the new consoles. Wii U from the Wii doesn't even seem like a necessary jump yet due to the games not being that solid yet imo.

We'll see tho
---
PSN: Canqb5
Currently Playing:SSF4, DJ Hero, GTA4, WKC, Buzz Quiz World & a bunch more