This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the best version of FFVI (FFIII for the SNES)?

#1backguard222Posted 2/5/2013 12:59:06 PM
Which is the best version of FFVI (FFIII for the SNES)?

PSN Download Version
PS1 Disc Version
GameBoy Advance Version
SNES Version

(why isn't this showing up as a poll?)
#2Dave4202Posted 2/5/2013 1:08:40 PM
Gameboy Advanced version... it has more content then the SNES version and none of the annoying lag that's present in the PS versions.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#3Fishnkill4Posted 2/5/2013 1:08:42 PM
The GBA has more content than the PS1 version, but it doesn't have the FMVs from the PS1 and you're playing on a smaller screen. For that reason, I'd go with the PS1 version. It contains the FMVs + you get to play on a bigger screen. And the load times for the PS1 version aren't as bad as people make them to be.

PSN vs PS1 disc is a matter of preference. Both software are identical, but if you're like me and you like having a physical copy of the game, you should get the PS1 disc.
---
So many games, so little time...
#4matty549Posted 2/5/2013 1:11:29 PM
The Japanese version. Gba has inferior music, and snes censors my favorite scene in the game.
#5docholliday504Posted 2/5/2013 1:12:48 PM
matty549 posted...
The Japanese version. Gba has inferior music, and snes censors my favorite scene in the game.

Which Scene?
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Halo 4, Ninja Gaiden 3
#6Arsene-LupinPosted 2/5/2013 1:16:29 PM
Gameboy Advanced version... it has more content then the SNES version and none of the annoying lag that's present in the PS versions.

Yeah, PS1 versions of Chrono Trigger, FFV and FFVI are all unplayable. God knows why they couldn't do a decent port.

Really though, because the best versions of those are all on handhelds (FFV and FFVI on GBA, CT on DS) I think the best option is just to use a PC emulator so you can get the 'big screen' feeling.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#7matty549Posted 2/5/2013 1:18:10 PM
It's a scene involving celes. After she feeds a certain person some fish...
#8Rob_the_NinjaPosted 2/5/2013 1:22:36 PM
Yeah, PS1 versions of Chrono Trigger, FFV and FFVI are all unplayable. God knows why they couldn't do a decent port.

I heard that they used certain effects that were specific to the SNES that the PS1 just couldn't replicate.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#9VigilantStevePosted 2/5/2013 1:27:06 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...

Really though, because the best versions of those are all on handhelds (FFV and FFVI on GBA, CT on DS) I think the best option is just to use a PC emulator so you can get the 'big screen' feeling.

Unplayable is an extreme exaggeration. There are load times, sure, but it's not that bad.
#10mmpepsiPosted 2/5/2013 1:28:31 PM
PSN version, just because of the ability to swap saves between PSP/VIta and PS3.