This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something is wrong with the Dead Space 3 reviews

#1MishimaBloodPosted 2/5/2013 2:55:05 PM
I watched all reviews that are out and the funny thing is that most reviewers (except the big companies like IGN n Gamespot) give the game a 9-9.5/10 saying how good the story is and that the devs have done a great job combining the action and horror elements together. The big companies on the other hand say the opposite. The only thing they praise is the gameplay. I mean WTF. I know reviews are personal opinions mostly but they cant be that different
---
"Might controls everything"
#2crazyman32Posted 2/5/2013 3:39:53 PM
who cares.You should decide for yourself if you want the game.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#3thetrixter99Posted 2/5/2013 3:44:03 PM
crazyman32 posted...

That is the whole idea of a review to help you decide if you want to pick the game up or pass on it from someone who has played it and there opinion.
---
Just when you think you have it all figured out you been tricked :)
#4crazyman32Posted 2/5/2013 3:46:54 PM
thetrixter99 posted...
crazyman32 posted...

That is the whole idea of a review to help you decide if you want to pick the game up or pass on it from someone who has played it and there opinion.

I decide for myself not what some reviewers opinion is.I watch video gameplay and that helps me decide.
---
#5doodles40Posted 2/5/2013 3:51:14 PM
crazyman32 posted...
thetrixter99 posted...
crazyman32 posted...

I decide for myself not what some reviewers opinion is.I watch video gameplay and that helps me decide.

I agree on both points you made crazyman. I don't know why people put so much stock in reviews., except to troll GameFAQs with "nananana X game sucks, told you". Childish crap like that has really made this site almost unbearable.
#6crazyman32Posted 2/5/2013 3:54:11 PM
doodles40 posted...
crazyman32 posted...
thetrixter99 posted...
crazyman32 posted...

I agree on both points you made crazyman. I don't know why people put so much stock in reviews., except to troll GameFAQs with "nananana X game sucks, told you". Childish crap like that has really made this site almost unbearable.

Yeah there has been a lot of that with Dead Space lately saying "ha ha this reviewer gave it blah blah so it sucks now"
---
#7AalviPosted 2/5/2013 3:55:39 PM
I get that people rely on reviews on making a choice as to buy or not buy, but when it comes down to it you're basically thinking you will come to like everything the reviewer did and hate everything the reviewer hated, regardless of the potential differences in tastes.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#8wstfldPosted 2/5/2013 5:08:10 PM

Oh god, the no review hipster.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#9PhaseSlaethePosted 2/5/2013 5:08:39 PM
wstfld posted...

Oh god, the sheeple.
#10nightstalker92Posted 2/5/2013 5:09:41 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
wstfld posted...

Oh god, the sheeple.

Extremism.