This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to find out how long account suspended/banned

#1god_of_toastPosted 2/5/2013 4:10:38 PM
Hi there,

For the past 5 months Ive loaned my PS3 out to my young cousin as he was (and still is) very ill and I usually don't have the time to enjoy my ps3. Anyway yesterday he called me and said he has been getting this message from SEN:

Access to the PlayStationŽNetwork by this account has been banned or temporarily suspended.

Ive tried logging into the SEN website online and I also get that message. I was wondering how do you find out how long you have been banned for and for what reason. I've googled this and Ive been informed that I should have received an email; however this was not the case.

So yeah anyone here have any experiences with this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
---
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]
#2Tommy2GoGoPosted 2/5/2013 4:16:13 PM
Ask him what he did.
#3PhaseSlaethePosted 2/5/2013 4:17:36 PM
Tommy2GoGo posted...
Ask him what he did.

I'm coughing up a lung but I STILL got the headshot, digga.
#4god_of_toast(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:41:03 PM
Tommy2GoGo posted...
Ask him what he did.

Try getting a straight answer out of an 11 year old. Just doesn't happen.

Anyways, does anyone know of a way of finding out how long the account is banned for? Ive got a couple of dollars on that psn account as well; does anyone knows what happens to that money (can you transfer it to another non-banned account)
---
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]
#5SxmfctPosted 2/5/2013 4:43:03 PM
I...didn't know you could get banned from PSN
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#6TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/5/2013 4:43:23 PM
There is no way to transfer funds. It's pretty hard to get banned. You have to either use hacking devices, or send pictures of your wiener, or something. I'd say "thanks for ruining my charity, you idiot" and make his parents buy me a new one.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#7Tommy2GoGoPosted 2/5/2013 4:53:21 PM
Well seeing as you can't even access your account. Your psn account is banned.
You might still be able to access the psn through your ps3 if you create another account.

Unless your ps3 and psn account were both banned.

Your cousin must have done / said something pretty bad to have gotten someone butthurt about it.
#8Stanger5150Posted 2/5/2013 4:53:29 PM
Sxmfct posted...
I...didn't know you could get banned from PSN

Does anyone read the rules before they accept?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#9Gamer4ever77Posted 2/5/2013 4:59:03 PM
Good luck getting a reason to the ban because there's a good chance you'll get no explaination. Only your cousin would know what he did to warrant the ban.
---
I will not change this until WWE brings back the KOTR PPV. {Started 2-1-10}
2012 Minnesota Vikings 10-6
#10BurgerTime79Posted 2/5/2013 5:05:17 PM
Gamer4ever77 posted...
Good luck getting a reason to the ban because there's a good chance you'll get no explaination. Only your cousin would know what he did to warrant the ban.

And like most people, especially on these boards, his cousin will act as if he did nothing wrong. People who get caught never admit to any faults. They claim someone else was too sensitive or butthurt, which then took away their "right" to goof off and break the rules.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking