This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 this month is DEFINITELY CONFIRMED

#1abnergoinbigPosted 2/5/2013 5:26:24 PM
Before I start this I would like to mention that my local Gamestop is one of those cool Gamestop's with some of the coolest employees that are gamers just like us with the exception of like two dudes.

I went to Gamestop earlier today, and as I was talking with one of the managers, I asked him if he heard about the PS4 being announced on the 20th. He said that a Sony rep came in yesterday telling them that they will soon be selling red, platinum, blue, and some sort of orange PS3's. (the super slim models) Supposedly the rep also said that they're not supposed to say anything, but the PS4 will be announced on the 20th. It seems legit since I've heard on multiple occasions of reps coming to the store and giving some info others should not know about that turn out true. He could have just been speaking out his a**, but he's not that kind of dude.

Have any of you guys (that work at Gamestop) heard of any kind of news like this from a rep?
#2BlueBombei2Posted 2/5/2013 5:28:15 PM
The reps aren't told anything before release for this very reason. He is lying, the rep is lying, or you are lying. Also only a red PS3 super slim as been confirmed along side the white previously released.
#3DisturbedIconPosted 2/5/2013 5:32:47 PM
BlueBombei2 posted...
The reps aren't told anything before release for this very reason. He is lying, the rep is lying, or you are lying. Also only a red PS3 super slim as been confirmed along side the white previously released.

Don't know about any fancy colored PS3's but with this mans initial statement, yes.

Afraid I'm going to have to call BS on this one. Though it is likely, you cannot tell me it is definitely confirmed bro. lol
---
Disturbing GameFAQs since 2002...
Twitter
: @Rah514 GamerTag: Rah514/ PSN: Rah-514
#4JahkeemyorkPosted 2/5/2013 5:36:10 PM(edited)
BlueBombei2 posted...

Actually the manager of the store is given this info and depending on how close friends they are with emplyees may slip out the word to them.

Usually this is done for the sake of preparing the store for massive pre-orders and to have altered shifts to handle it.

Still there's usually a NDA in place so the managers usually keep their mouths shut. So the possibility of TC's story is 2%
#5AssaultMonkey9Posted 2/5/2013 5:35:06 PM
ITT/ITGameFAQS: People don't know what "Confirmed" means

Hearing another snippet or rumor from 3rd party source isnt confirmation

Unless Sony says it, or someone leaks actual evidence, the Feb 20th date could EASILY be just a big PS3 event showcasing the year's upcoming games and maybe a Vita redesign

That said, I would bet 100 bucks its PS4 :)
---
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, FTL, Hitman, AC3, RE6
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#6BlueBombei2Posted 2/5/2013 5:36:16 PM
Jahkeemyork posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...

Actually the manager of the store is given this info and depending on how close friends they are with emplyees may slip out the word to them.

Usually this is done for the sake of preparing the store for massive pre-orders and to have altered shifts to handle it.

Still there's usually a NDA in place so the managers usually keep their mouths shut

He isn't talking about the manager he is talking about the sales reps. When just the super slim was released out rep said they weren't told anything about it until the reveal because it was Sony's policy. I highly doubt they would tell reps about the PS4 being announced when they wouldn't even share information regarding the Super Slim.
#7BlueBombei2Posted 2/5/2013 5:37:15 PM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...

Still there's usually a NDA in place so the managers usually keep their mouths shut

He isn't talking about the manager he is talking about the sales reps. When just the super slim was released out rep said they weren't told anything about it until the reveal because it was Sony's policy. I highly doubt they would tell reps about the PS4 being announced when they wouldn't even share information regarding the Super Slim.

When just the super slim was released our* rep said
#8abnergoinbig(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:42:25 PM
Well you never know. The manager told me this and I don't have the time to make up stories. I'm sure it's the PS4 this month but don't be surprised if those colors I mentioned do come out. And I'll be here to bring this thread back.
#9BlueBombei2Posted 2/5/2013 5:44:44 PM
It might be the PS4, but not because a Sony Rep told him that. Also the orange I highly doubt, but the Red and Blue SS consoles have been up on the internet for awhile.
#10LORD_LMAOPosted 2/5/2013 5:48:35 PM
i just talked to my gs rep....he said no ps4. just orange slims.

he is a nice person and is not a liar at all. he used to date my sister before she cheated on him. i have no reason to doubt him, he was the one that told me the release dates of the ps3, psp, and vita correctly.
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"