This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you don't buy MGR you're killing the industry.

#51dj___rollPosted 2/6/2013 9:12:11 AM
Quote:Tough as nails, high action game aimed at the core gamers who have kept this industry going for 30+ years. Not the sheep gamers who play games because its cool, the hipsters who hate gaming now, not the casuals who only play video games with their family/friends, this is fore the core gamers who live the gaming life.

Its the complete package with a lot of care and detail put into the game. If you don't buy MGR you're killing the industry. Don't complain about watered down, casualized games that abandon their fanbase because that's the alternative to this amazing game. If you are buying it, good job.

@FiendingHard
Wouldn't you be the hipster since you are putting your idea of quality, niche game above what other people play?

Stupid topic. People should buy the games they enjoy playing. Not everyone will like it. Besides, isn't this the definition of a watered down and casualties game? It changed the entire formula of the series for a spin off that caters to the action/hack and slash crowd. Whether it is a good game or not, your reasoning is beyond awful.

So tired of the hypocrites.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#52dj___rollPosted 2/6/2013 9:13:47 AM
Quote:Mystickay86 posted...
Sure, but same could be said about "The Last of Us", which you ranted about being overrated.

Ranted? Hardly. I just think Uncharted is overrated (game plays itself, emphasizes graphics over gameplay, setpiece after setpiece, auto-platforming). Its good but represents a lot of elements which are wrong in gaming nowadays. I haven't played LoU to judge it yet but from the previews it doesn't look that mindblowing to me.

@FiendingHard
Yes ranted, because your opinion isn't fact.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#53Great_Pudding_3Posted 2/6/2013 9:14:57 AM
If MGR is representative of the industry.....ok.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#54ADHDguitarPosted 2/6/2013 9:18:47 AM
MGR is a mainstream action game.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#55TelekiNoctisPosted 2/6/2013 9:20:35 AM
If you do buy MGR then you're killing Metal Gear and supporting an overrated company that ruins franchises.

I'd rather not play this garbage instead. If this would mean killing the industry then maybe it needs to be killed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iJ8BI.gif
#56FiendingHard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:27:55 AM
dj___roll posted...
Yes ranted, because your opinion isn't fact.

You're a fool for thinking otherwise.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Doom 3 BFG, Fire Emblem Awakening, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#57TelekiNoctisPosted 2/6/2013 9:35:09 AM
Mystickay86 posted...
Sure, but same could be said about "The Last of Us", which you ranted about being overrated.

Ranted? Hardly. I just think Uncharted is overrated (game plays itself, emphasizes graphics over gameplay, setpiece after setpiece, auto-platforming). Its good but represents a lot of elements which are wrong in gaming nowadays. I haven't played LoU to judge it yet but from the previews it doesn't look that mindblowing to me.

You're thinking of Enslaved.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iJ8BI.gif