This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Ni No Kuni of of the best RPGs this gen?

#1okamhunitePosted 2/5/2013 7:45:58 PM
Just wondering, because I want it.
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#2killakPosted 2/5/2013 7:48:42 PM
absolutely
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#3ManuKesnaPosted 2/5/2013 7:50:25 PM
up there with xenoblade
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#4kel25Posted 2/5/2013 7:53:01 PM
I would say that it is among the best but that is really not saying much this generation.
#5PendragoonPosted 2/5/2013 7:59:47 PM
ManuKesna posted...
up there with xenoblade

If not for the cliche ending of Ni No Kuni I would have agreed, but it went from a very interesting and kinda dark twist to cheerful all too quickly. I still have to give Xenoblade the edge. Tales of Vesperia is also up there, but not quite. (again, the final act drags it down)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#6Arsene-LupinPosted 2/5/2013 8:03:42 PM
On the PS3?

Yes.

This gen? No.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#7LodeiroSnakePosted 2/5/2013 8:32:31 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
On the PS3?

Yes.

This gen? No.

Xenoblade holds that title.
#8zerooo0Posted 2/5/2013 8:35:06 PM
No

Dark Souls, The Witcher series, Nier, Demon Soul, etc
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#9Arsene-LupinPosted 2/5/2013 11:33:54 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
On the PS3?

Yes.

This gen? No.

Xenoblade holds that title.

I would have gone with the Chrono Trigger remake. Or the Dragon Quest VI remake.
But, yeah, Xenoblade is up there. So is the Witcher, Dark Souls, Persona 4, etc.

This gen has been fantastic for JRPGs. It's just that a lot of gamers can't see this because they can't get over the fact that the console they expected to see the JRPGs flock to (PS3) ceased to be the dominant JRPG platform. They (apparently) never thought to look to the handhelds.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#10plasticman13Posted 2/5/2013 11:36:38 PM
JRPG yeah. Mass Effect is a better RPG though.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5