This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most HD collections suck

#1necro00Posted 2/5/2013 9:38:05 PM
Once the nostalgia wears off after 15 mins, you can see how fast games evolve. simple things like fixed camera, no auto save etc... kill games. Hitman hd collection is a perfect example the games aged so bad.
#2BurgerTime79Posted 2/5/2013 9:41:48 PM
Or it's that you just can't look back at older games and enjoy them.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#3Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 2/5/2013 9:42:00 PM
I've only playing ZOE HD Collection, but despite the FPS issues in the first game, the Second Runner is the one of my favorite games of all time. However, I have to agree on another point. ZOE1 is INSANELY short. Total time to beat was about five hours. It was fun and all but man. I'm glad I never brought that game at full price back then.
#4ADHDguitarPosted 2/5/2013 9:42:40 PM
I disagree.

I just played Double Dragon II on the NES and despite the fact that it kept glitching up on me, I had more fun with it than a lot of modern games. And I didn't even grow up with the NES so it's not nostalgia.

Although I was very annoyed by the unbalanced difficulty of R&C 1 and Jak 2.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:44:02 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Or it's that you just can't look back at older games and enjoy them.

i really wish I could but simple things kill them for me. Its crazy how much minimal improvements have helped games
#6FiendingHardPosted 2/5/2013 9:44:47 PM
I play SNES and PS1 games regularly. nostalgialolwut
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Doom 3 BFG, Fire Emblem Awakening, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#7necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:45:54 PM
FiendingHard posted...

I love splatterhouse and tried playing them again and just couldnt, same with the simpsons hd game that was released a bit ago on psn
#8FiendingHardPosted 2/5/2013 9:52:17 PM
necro00 posted...
FiendingHard posted...

I love splatterhouse and tried playing them again and just couldnt, same with the simpsons hd game that was released a bit ago on psn

Those games were never great to begin with. Fun distractions or timewasters, sure. Truly great games stand the test of time no matter how much they wither.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Doom 3 BFG, Fire Emblem Awakening, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#9akuma634Posted 2/5/2013 9:56:50 PM
The problem is that most of them are very half assed. Like they take a game and give it a quick 720p or 1080p upscale and charge as much as they can for it. I could do the same thing on a PS2 emulator and the only difference would be the HD re-release would ideally have less visual bugs from emulation not being 100% accurate, in the case of Silent Hill 2 you probably would be better off with the emulator even if it runs awful on your computer. I love to see stuff like Super SF2 HD Remix where they had their comic book studio Udon hand draw HD anime style characters and animations as well as backgrounds and endings. The whole thing was just very well done. You rarely see anyone put that level of effort into a HD remake. I'd prefer to see something done from scratch than just spending just as much time and money for a last gen game that looks a tiny bit better.
---
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/akuma634/TheGoon.jpg
#10plasticman13Posted 2/5/2013 9:57:26 PM
The only HD collection I like is the MGS HD collection.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5