This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 and Xbox 720 graphics - this is what gamers can expect (video)

#41VanderZooPosted 2/7/2013 12:43:11 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
SubSeenix posted...
a whole lotta text

Stones don't get to look better than 'perfectly realistic'. The Last of Us and Beyond also do not even come close to what's shown in the OP. Witcher 2 also looks worse. Battlefield 3 is the only one you mentioned that does look about equal (better in some ways, worse in others). Yeah, Skyrim does look great with all those mods. But it does require a very high-end PC to get that result and the game wasn't made that way originally. And you forgot about Crysis and Crysis 2 for the PC, they look just as good, if not even better.

Samaritan tech demo does look good, but we've yet to see those kinds of graphics during actual gameplay.

Beyond has the most realistic character models ever seen in a game.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#42scph9002sterPosted 2/7/2013 6:11:10 AM(edited)
robcram posted...
scph9002ster posted...
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
Okay? It's just Crysis 2 running on max settings. My PC can run that game on max settings as well and I'm sure the next-gen PlayStation and Xbox can have games that'll look way better than Crysis 2.

I think that video is misleading as hell.

Its said that next gen consoles will have amd a10 cpu which have 7xxx series build in the cpu.

The build in 7xxx series gpu is way weaker then a dedicated 7850 card which they use in the video.

amd a10 runs crysis 2 on 720p with high settings (which is third level below max iirc) with dx11 disabled with a fps of around 35

If next gen consoles would only use amd a10 graphical capabilities it would NOT run todays crysis 2 on a n omgwow level at all.

Actually the video PC is using the 7870 not the 7850. Also you have to remember the optimization of consoles.

7870 is faster then 7850, that would make my point even more valid lol :p

Anyway you are correct, it is much much easier to optimize games for specific hardware

Edit: video is till gay as hell, he uses that specific dedicated gpu for a reason and not by random in order to prove a point... which all falls flat because he assume amd10 is equal to 7870.

Video would be better and valid if he showed random awesome graphics and just said: optmizatiooon
---
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd
#43kingofjamaicaPosted 2/7/2013 6:14:19 AM
SubSeenix posted...
a whole lotta text

Stones don't get to look better than 'perfectly realistic'. The Last of Us and Beyond also do not even come close to what's shown in the OP. Witcher 2 also looks worse. Battlefield 3 is the only one you mentioned that does look about equal (better in some ways, worse in others). Yeah, Skyrim does look great with all those mods. But it does require a very high-end PC to get that result and the game wasn't made that way originally. And you forgot about Crysis and Crysis 2 for the PC, they look just as good, if not even better.

Samaritan tech demo does look good, but we've yet to see those kinds of graphics during actual gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw

Watch dogs, uses same engine as samaritian, looks pretty damn awesome.

Game is not released but will be this year.

Hundreds of games use the same engine as the Samaritan demo. It's just a UE3 tech demo.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#44scph9002sterPosted 2/7/2013 8:52:02 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
SubSeenix posted...
a whole lotta text

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw

Watch dogs, uses same engine as samaritian, looks pretty damn awesome.

Game is not released but will be this year.

Hundreds of games use the same engine as the Samaritan demo. It's just a UE3 tech demo.

If so then the definition of "using a engine" needs redefining in order to mean smth lol :P

My point is there there is a soon to be released game that looks like samaritian. when it comes to realism.

Anyway im not sure anymore if watch dogs uses ue3 engine. People state different things everywhere. It uses anvil, it uses ue3, it uses modified ue3, it uses a mix of anvil and ue3... ggggggggggghhhhhhhh.
---
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd
#45robcram(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:17:45 AM
People have to be very wary of tech demos. Remember the pre PS2 and what was shown, the E3 Killzone trailer that never was and countless other things too. Until you can see those amazing graphics in an actual game, and I'm not talking about target renders such as Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, but actual gameplay footage then take them with a pinch of salt.
---
http://cramgaming.com
#46SnadadosPosted 2/7/2013 9:45:14 AM
killak posted...
No way, there's no current PC game out now that's going to look better than what next gen consoles can do.

Correct.

What a PC would need to do that Crysis 2 mod, a console wouldn't need a third of it.

All you need to do is look at what a PC can do with 256MB of VRAM and 256 MB of system RAM, then look at what the PS3 did.

When the PS3 was released there were tons of topics where people were putting parts lists together for $500 - $600 PCs that outperformed and still outperform the new consoles.

An 8800GT, which was released same time as the PS3, way outperforms anything the PS3 does.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#47SixSixSevenEighPosted 2/7/2013 9:55:56 AM
Never thought I'd see Rob Cram here.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#48JoveHackPosted 2/7/2013 10:05:31 AM

It starts showing about halfway. Anyway, it looks pretty good, but it's nothing mindblowing. The stuff looks pretty static for most part, not very interactive. And walls with textures like that were already done in Perfect Dark Zero.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7213/pdz042qk8.jpg

Excessive specular highlighting (which makes objects look wet or metallic) doesn't make things look more real. It doesn't make them look better either, imho.

When everything's shiny, nothing stands out. You've just flooded the screen with high light levels, abandoning the use of darkness for contrast.

That's why current and future videogame CGI tends to be obvious. Like the final scene in Toy Story 3, the little garden has everything overlit and glowing.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#49robcram(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:14:04 AM
@ 6678 - this is where it all began for me since submitting those early Xbox reviews.

User Name robcram
User ID 465611
Board User Level 37: Sage
Awarded to users with at least 3000 Karma.
Account Created Tuesday, August 20, 2002 1:59 PM
Last Visit Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:10 PM
Signature http://cramgaming.com
Karma 3821
---
http://cramgaming.com
#50anonymous46773Posted 2/7/2013 11:31:03 AM
IBringIt posted...
I thoroughly regret the 8 seconds of that I watched.

---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.