This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel satisfied of the PS3 era?

#1darklyger64Posted 2/6/2013 8:48:40 AM
Are you satisfied with all the games you played in PS3? - Results (386 votes)
Yes, absolutely loved all of them. They made an impact in this generation
18.65% (72 votes)
Yes, but there are times where it didn't live to my expectation
31.61% (122 votes)
Eh... Kinda, I wish PS3 had more games that impacted this generation
12.44% (48 votes)
So and so, there are games that really made an impact, but then there weren't
8.03% (31 votes)
No not really, I had more fun in the older generation
16.58% (64 votes)
Sadly... no,.. There weren't that many great games in PS3
7.51% (29 votes)
*sigh* no, I had more fun with the HD remakes
1.3% (5 votes)
No, I enjoyed the games on other consoles
2.33% (9 votes)
I don't even have a PS3. I just came here to vote.
1.55% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I find it really striking, that with over the 30 games I owned in PS3, that I still don't feel quite satisfied of its era. Maybe it's my age, (though I am not that old, just reiterating the fact that my age back then and now, have probably impacted how much I enjoy the games I play) or maybe it is something else, but I find games back then more entertaining that it is now.

I find games back then, hard but satisfying when you accomplish them (coming from someone who is not decent with games other than fighting and strategy games). Idk, I remember playing Megaman on PS1, and I failed so many times and sometimes it would take me 2 hours to beat just one stage, but beating that stage felt so gratifying that it makes me want to keep moving.

Even playing old PS2 games, the mechanics were simple (though control issues were usually common due to there were no standard button mechanics that everyone accepted), yet games nowadays does not suffice the satisfaction I crave.

Sure there were many games that I enjoyed in PS3, but I always feel that something is missing. Have you ever had that feeling that even though you enjoyed all the games you played, you're looking for this particular game that would quench your thirst of satisfaction. A game so good that it doesn't need a sequel.

Idk, in the older gen, there is always that one game that you will never ever forget, but I feel in the PS3 era, though there are a lot of great games (I'm not saying that there aren't), it's just I feel that they seem to be easily forgettable. I don't think there are many games in the PS3 that people would call a classic game. A great game, surely I agree, I feel after the next gen comes out, many will forget many games that were great in the PS3.

[This is purely subjected, and I hope you don't attack me for my comment. We can discuss why you feel differently or similarly, but please don't say that I am a troll. I clearly stated and pointed why I feel this and that. Anyway the the curtain nearly falling on the PS3 era, I wish to see what are people's opinion in regard to how much they enjoyed the PS3 generation. Thank you for reading my thread. Hope we will all have fun discussing how much fun you had.]
#2ShineboxerPosted 2/6/2013 8:51:00 AM
Nope, early adopter too, exclusives just weren't good for me and multiplayer was just so much better on Xbox 360 and PC.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#3darklyger64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:55:45 AM
Hmmm... I forgot to mention multiplayer haha thank you buddy.

I feel that the multiplayer was also bad in PS3, but then again you aren't really paying for any of their server service, so I have no place to complain about the things that are free.

Though I do not own an XBOX360, I feel that playing multiplayer is much better in PC, compare to PS3.
#4slymshadyPosted 2/6/2013 9:20:14 AM
PS3 was easily Sony's best gen followed by the psone
#5GradyHooverPosted 2/6/2013 9:21:29 AM
I didn't love ALL the games I played on PS3 - of course - but I still loved the vast majority and felt this was Sony's strongest generation in terms of games offered and game quality. PS3 is now one of my favorite systems to date, up there with the SNES and GameCube.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#6Great_Pudding_3Posted 2/6/2013 9:22:41 AM
Yep. Plenty of blasts from the past, updates to last gen titles and new IPs.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#7TehRYNOLPosted 2/6/2013 9:56:51 AM
This gen has been amazing to me, like every other gen honestly.

This isn't my favourite gen, but has by no means disappointed me.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#8nihilist212Posted 2/6/2013 9:57:43 AM
Yes, very. Maybe once or twice a game wasn't all I hoped it would be, but for the most part it was.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#9AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/6/2013 10:00:00 AM
In the end, yeah, I'm happy.

I wasn't always, as there were some lame years in PS3 land, but in the end, I'm very satisfied with Sony's work.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#10mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/6/2013 10:05:38 AM
Games like God of War 3, Killzone 2, and uncharted 2 knocked my socks off but I feel like the ps3 is still missing something...hmmm...

The Last Guardian!
---
I love video games : )