This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel satisfied of the PS3 era?

#11Ryan SiPosted 2/6/2013 10:09:48 AM
This generation as a whole was slightly disappointing overall in my opinion. A few things I liked though:

Platformers - From wickedly innovative 1st-person puzzle/platformer Portal to New Super Mario Bros Wii, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Rayman Origins, and Bit.Trip Runner. Some of the best we've had in a long time.

Downloads - The ability to easily download classic games or smaller (PSN/XBLA style) games for decent prices.

Social Activity - As much as people hate on the Wii, it's a great compliment to either a PS3 or 360 and I really enjoyed being able to play fun, pick-up-and-play games like Wii Sports Resort with people who traditionally don't play games...girlfriends, family members, etc.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Final Fantasy X HD (PS4)
#12IamthekuzalolPosted 2/6/2013 10:24:23 AM
Pretty good though sadden by the fact that there's lack of good jrpg (especially the dark-themed rpg like Shadow Hearts, DDS, Nocturne, BOF5, etc)
#13darklyger64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:17:11 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Games like God of War 3, Killzone 2, and uncharted 2 knocked my socks off but I feel like the ps3 is still missing something...hmmm...

The Last Guardian!

I was thinking the same thing too.
Like there are so many good games out there, yet you know it felt something was off?

Hmmm... hopefully that game will be the one haha I remember playing Ico when I was 10/11.
#14riddlebox89Posted 2/6/2013 3:22:27 PM
Yeah, there were a few stinkers I've played but for the most part, the PS3/360 era had some pretty damn good games.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#15darklyger64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:31:44 PM
Yea, I think PS3 will be the last home console I'll ever play games on.

Leaving PC, as my last resort to play games. I don't think I'll be buying a PS4...
#16Luthor_Posted 2/6/2013 5:49:54 PM
PS3 enthusiasts hyped any exclusives beyond there worth.

inFAMOUS was a below average game with some cool glitter sprinkled over it (the dazzling powers)

Uncharted is definitely great but no masterpiece

Killzone is good if you like your games to depress you

Never played Resistance so no comment

Lost Odyssey was the best JRPG this Gen, but the PS3 did have the quantity.. take that for what you will.

Journey was cool for what it was, but I wasn't a fan. Though I was no fan of TWD either.

Twisted Metal is OK but not really my thing.

The entire LBP series is a massive dissapointment.

Never did like Sly Cooper.

Ratchet and Clank... the youngins in my family loved them.

I'm looking forward to playing No No Kuni when it has a price drop online. It looks fantastic.

I know everybody loves to brag about the PS3 exclusive library but I don't think either console had any killer exclusives at all. Surely nothing to gloat online about.

Everything truly worthwhile was multi plat.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#17darklyger64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:27:07 PM
Luthor_ posted...
PS3 enthusiasts hyped any exclusives beyond there worth.

inFAMOUS was a below average game with some cool glitter sprinkled over it (the dazzling powers)

Uncharted is definitely great but no masterpiece

Killzone is good if you like your games to depress you

Never played Resistance so no comment

Lost Odyssey was the best JRPG this Gen, but the PS3 did have the quantity.. take that for what you will.

Journey was cool for what it was, but I wasn't a fan. Though I was no fan of TWD either.

Twisted Metal is OK but not really my thing.

The entire LBP series is a massive dissapointment.

Never did like Sly Cooper.

Ratchet and Clank... the youngins in my family loved them.

I'm looking forward to playing No No Kuni when it has a price drop online. It looks fantastic.

I know everybody loves to brag about the PS3 exclusive library but I don't think either console had any killer exclusives at all. Surely nothing to gloat online about.

Everything truly worthwhile was multi plat.

There are some exclusives that are worth mentioning, though i have to agree that many of the great games are multiplatform.

Though, I do not regret buying a PS3. The one thing I surely like in PS3 that Xbox doesn't are the classic games and the HD remakes. I don't think Xbox have those (i'm not sure if they have it, i don't own xbox)

Can you play games from the original XBOX on an XBOX 360?
#18ElBorak77Posted 2/6/2013 9:29:25 PM(edited)
tc needs to learn how to speak. "satisfied of"? "so and so"?
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#19darklyger64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:54:11 PM
Hmmm... This topic is not really about grammar, rather than enjoyment you experienced with the PS3 lifetime.

Anyway, let's get back on topic :)
#20Junpei_StupeiPosted 2/8/2013 6:03:36 PM
Absolutely not.

It is the worst console I've owned with good games coming out 4-6 MONTHS apart.

Everything is so western, and Sony doesn't even give an effort in obtaining exclusives from some of their Japanese friends (corporations).

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.