This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel satisfied of the PS3 era?

#51KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/13/2013 6:38:50 AM
Overall yes, but the awful launch really let it down and it took a long time for the real quality exclusive games to hit. Now I'm very happy, with The Last of Us, Sly 4 (UK), God Of War A, Tales of Xillia and Beyond: Two Souls to come on top of the brilliant library we already have.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#52bigdaddydmacPosted 2/13/2013 7:41:47 AM
I've been gaming since the NES, and this gen has certainly raised some concerns. I bought my PS3 on the day GTA4 launched and initially was blown away. After the new shiny graphics wore off I realized at it's core GTA4 was vastly inferior to GTA:SA, which is somewhat acceptable when a AAA series hits new hardware and doesn't take full advantage of it. Then the micro$haft DLC debacle hit, and it was another two years until I played those GTA4 expansions. What followed this gen was a vast amount of incomplete games being sold at a higher price with content purposely withheld to be charged more money for. Things like extra characters, colors, movesets, extra levels, and other features turning that $60 game into an almost $100 purchase at times. Things that most of the time were included with those games a generation ago. With the rumors of used game blocking on the upcoming gen, I may end up remembering this as the "Greedy Money Hungry Lets Milk Our Customers For All Their Worth Gen". I am certainly thinking twice before I take the plunge if things get worse next gen.
---
psn:BigDaddyD-Mac
"Before society can move forward, we all must agree upon the rules! Now Kneel!" -Galvatron
#53StarGoyPosted 2/13/2013 11:30:39 AM
Sharius posted...
StarGoy posted...
Sony's exclusives were not fully utlised this time around. Despite the successes of Uncharted and a few others, they needed more:

Colony Wars;
Destruction Derby (PSN redux);
Vagrant Story;
Shadow of the Colossus;
Cool Boarders;
a 2.5D Barbarian remake, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbarian_(Psygnosis)
Krazy Ivan;
G-Police.

This was one of the longest generations ever, yet instead of taking advantage of their brilliant library, they kept fumbling around with add-ons and other unnecessary crap. Their new IPs have been pleasing, however.

umm.... i think vargant story belong to square enix? i love to see how they remake this game but after saw what they did for parasite evil i rather not

And MGSIV belongs to Konami. But I concede. WTF happened to PE. It needs a redux.
#54methosagainPosted 2/13/2013 1:09:53 PM
This has been IMO the worst gen ever
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#55Formertechno34Posted 2/13/2013 1:15:57 PM
Lack of a great selection of rpg's.
---
Montreal Canadiens
#56mad_hax_manPosted 2/13/2013 2:14:29 PM
In terms of this generation as a whole, I think the best games of this generation have be en the best in gaming history. Its just now surrounded by so much more crap than it was in previous generations. And since I'm selective about what games I buy, I think the rest of the crap didn't really bother me. Its true that some genres, sub genres and franchises, like survival horror and JRPG's have taken a heavy hit, but if we are looking across genres, the good is still good, if not better.

In terms of PS3, well while I think its exclusives were in general were more interesting than the 360's exclusives, it lack the quantity of the 360's, and its nowhere near as strong as it should have been coming out of the PS2 era. Sony royally messed up early on, but have done a solid job playing catch up since then. I guess I'm satisfied with the PS3, but not ecstatic.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#57SigmaHacielPosted 2/13/2013 2:15:52 PM
Probably the least impressive console I've ever had. Not a fault of the console, but the takeover the casuals did this gen.
#58SuperShadowAcePosted 2/13/2013 2:24:04 PM
The 7th gen was garbage. At least Nintendo is dropping motion controls so I can find their games fun again.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#59LuminescentRulePosted 2/13/2013 2:28:17 PM
Yes, quite satisfied.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#60SigmaHacielPosted 2/13/2013 2:29:18 PM
SuperShadowAce posted...
The 7th gen was garbage. At least Nintendo is dropping motion controls so I can find their games fun again.

This. Using it as a support and not a main gimmick was better (The motion controls). Skyward Sword was horrible across the board thanks to almost full use of the motion controls.