This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever taken time off work/school/other obligation to play?

#31KenauePosted 2/6/2013 12:40:20 PM
I was "sick" when SW Battlefront 2 came out....completely worth it.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#32dreamsiclePosted 2/6/2013 12:44:24 PM
I worked in a drug store at the time Gamecube came out. I switched my Sunday morning shift with someone so I could go get one at launch. That's the only time.
---
Basic reading skills are required to fully enjoy this signature.
#33BehaviorismPosted 2/6/2013 12:53:29 PM
Winternova posted...
Behaviorism posted...
Winternova posted...
Behaviorism posted...
Winternova posted...
I did that back in college (1989-1990 or so), but not anytime recently.

I'm 30 and I thought I was the oldest here. How old are you?

41. :-)

Cool. How often do you get gaming in with other obligations? And Blues > Red Wings, despite that last game

Quite often. My wife works 3rd shift, so gaming keeps me out of trouble on her work nights. Right now I'm recuperating from a surgery, so I'm playing a lot of games to distract myself from the pain.

Cool beans. I work 3d shift myself s I'm usually too tired to play most of the time. I always end up playing on my 2nd day off
---
I'm not changing this sig until the St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup. Started: 1/7/13
CM Punk: Best in the world!!!
#34RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/6/2013 12:58:24 PM
I took my weeks paid vacation the week Super Smash Bros Brawl was coming out. Then after my request was locked in, the game got delayed.

I requested off the day Dead Rising 2 came out.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#35bigtiggie23Posted 2/6/2013 1:06:38 PM
I used a weeks paid vacation when both GTA4 and FFXIII came out to sit home and play .
---
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta.
#36Chewy247Posted 2/6/2013 1:07:09 PM
I usually take a paid vacation when a game comes out I want, I haven't skipped in a while for games. However, I was late to lecture recently because I lost track of time playing LoL.
---
#TimesUpPunk
#37rahmed51387Posted 2/6/2013 1:20:06 PM
I used to take days off, but lately it's gotten around to asking for second or later shifts. I like that feeling of having the game the first possible moment and getting a decent amount of time sunk in before working. But I still get the same hours.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#38theshovellerPosted 2/6/2013 1:47:12 PM
A few times:

I took a day or two off work to play ME2 when it came out. Took a week off to play ME3. Other than that, it's been extremely rare.
#39Evel138Posted 2/6/2013 1:54:25 PM
I get 4 weeks of vacation a year, so even after spending most of it on family trips, I usually still spend a week or so for the purpose of playing new releases that have me hyped.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#40Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/6/2013 1:57:20 PM
Never just to play games, but it has played a deciding factor when other more important reasons are present.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR