This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's everyone loving Sly 4?

#11KenauePosted 2/6/2013 5:36:47 PM
zinformant posted...
I hope this isn't the swan song of the 3D platformer 'Ratchet and Jak' genre. It's not held a candle up to Sly 2 yet, but Slys 1 and 3 are beaten, easily. The environments are gorgeous; collecting clues has been fun! I hope it sells adequately at worst.

Sly 2 was incredible.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#12WarhawkPosted 2/6/2013 6:45:42 PM
So far from what I played of it, seems to be on par of the PS2 Sly games. The thing I don't get is that when you have someone like "Sophiscation" go about saying he downloads the game and whining that it took 16GB of memory off his PS3, when I go about renting. No Game Data installed, though an option of downloading the Game Manual (taking up 35 - 38MB, can't remember which), which isn't too bad really. So as it stands right now at the point I am only playing it for about little over a hour of it, better than I had thought. Definitely can expect me to review the game after I get done renting it. As I say sometimes I'm careful in some games before buying while other times I'm a risk taker, go out and buy the game whether if it's mainstream or not.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 16
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#13SophisticationPosted 2/6/2013 6:51:05 PM
Rubbish... Disjointed, jaggy, boring rubbish... I got bored of the prologue, but man when you hit Japan -- It's a real stink bomb. I'm finding myself just wandering around the room with my eyes, and that's never a good sign when a game can't keep your eyes on the screen.

Probably the worst Sly game to ever grace a tv screen... Sly 3 was bad, but this takes the cake.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#14WarhawkPosted 2/6/2013 6:56:39 PM
Sophistication posted...
Rubbish... Disjointed, jaggy, boring rubbish... I got bored of the prologue, but man when you hit Japan -- It's a real stink bomb. I'm finding myself just wandering around the room with my eyes, and that's never a good sign when a game can't keep your eyes on the screen.

Probably the worst Sly game to ever grace a tv screen... Sly 3 was bad, but this takes the cake.

While you said that it took up 16GB of space on your PS3, in that topic you made. I rent it with 28GB free still on mine and still only have 28GB free after started playing. So you went about throwing unwanted money away I'd say it's $40 through the PS Store. Instead of wasting like $10 or under to rent the game you waste and additional $30 for a full game. You know you remind me of this one user years ago, RyanWashington2003. He was worse I believe, he bought a "pirated" copy of Silent Hill 3 said he hated it and then claimed he "destroyed" his whole Silent Hill collection cause of his claim. So, you're opinion honestly is getting rather old, and stale, really. All of us already got your point.
---
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#15SophisticationPosted 2/6/2013 7:00:49 PM
Warhawk posted...
Sophistication posted...

While you said that it took up 16GB of space on your PS3, in that topic you made. I rent it with 28GB free still on mine and still only have 28GB free after started playing. So you went about throwing unwanted money away I'd say it's $40 through the PS Store. Instead of wasting like $10 or under to rent the game you waste and additional $30 for a full game. You know you remind me of this one user years ago, RyanWashington2003. He was worse I believe, he bought a "pirated" copy of Silent Hill 3 said he hated it and then claimed he "destroyed" his whole Silent Hill collection cause of his claim. So, you're opinion honestly is getting rather old, and stale, really. All of us already got your point.

What are you on about?

Sly 4 is 16gb... In fact, it's 16.3 gb. What's the problem? More over, it shows up as 19gb on the sore due to the vita version being clumped in with it... Again, what's the problem?

It's my money, I'll spend it on what I wish... I don't rent games because renting games does nothing for the industry. I walk the walk and talk the talk.

I have ZERO clue who that guy is... he sounds like a frenzied tulip grinder.

I hope this is cleared up and I can still voice my opinion on it... Hell, at least I can actually make the opinion due to me owning it. Most people just spout of garbage about stuff they don't even own.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#16WarhawkPosted 2/6/2013 7:08:44 PM
Sophistication posted...
Warhawk posted...
Sophistication posted...

What are you on about?

Sly 4 is 16gb... In fact, it's 16.3 gb. What's the problem? More over, it shows up as 19gb on the sore due to the vita version being clumped in with it... Again, what's the problem?

It's my money, I'll spend it on what I wish... I don't rent games because renting games does nothing for the industry. I walk the walk and talk the talk.

I hope this is cleared up and I can still voice my opinion on it... Hell, at least I can actually make the opinion due to me owning it. Most people just spout of garbage about stuff they don't even own.

What part of me "renting" the game didn't you read. I inserted the disc into my PlayStation3, and was expecting a lengthy game install, but instead it went right straight to the game, no install, no nothing. After playing the game I went to "Game Data" to see if any such data was installed, and there was none. Only game thing saved onto my PS3 is "Save Game" data which is only 113KB, while the Game Manual download from the "Disc" is no more than 38MB. I can go straight to the "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time" board and ask them directly on those who played the same physical copy I am if 16GB was used up after they inserted disc into their PlayStation3.

I don't have no problem doing that. You wouldn't know much about physical copy knowing you only have a "digital" copy of the game and not even showing one ounce that it was really from your account or if it was from someone else that had downloaded the game onto their PlayStation3. In the end you're just blowing a lot of hot air to me, that don't mean squat to me.
---
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#17SophisticationPosted 2/6/2013 7:12:37 PM
Warhawk posted...
Sophistication posted...
Warhawk posted...
Sophistication posted...

What are you on about?

What part of me "renting" the game didn't you read. I inserted the disc into my PlayStation3, and was expecting a lengthy game install, but instead it went right straight to the game, no install, no nothing. After playing the game I went to "Game Data" to see if any such data was installed, and there was none. Only game thing saved onto my PS3 is "Save Game" data which is only 113KB, while the Game Manual download from the "Disc" is no more than 38MB. I can go straight to the "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time" board and ask them directly on those who played the same physical copy I am if 16GB was used up after they inserted disc into their PlayStation3.

I don't have no problem doing that. You wouldn't know much about physical copy knowing you only have a "digital" copy of the game and not even showing one ounce that it was really from your account or if it was from someone else that had downloaded the game onto their PlayStation3. In the end you're just blowing a lot of hot air to me, that don't mean squat to me.

Are you off your meds? Haha... man... I've not only shown proof of my ps3 Verizon, I also showed proof of my vita with it running in it. And another note. Are you foreal?

And who is talking about 16gb installs on physical copy? I'm taking about the digital Verizon. I only buy digital these days.
---
#18SonicNashPosted 2/6/2013 7:16:47 PM
Digital is for blind sheep who don't want to pay to really own their products.
#19WarhawkPosted 2/6/2013 7:16:59 PM
And then you go about complaining "the game took up 16GB of space". I been in the PS Store to know enough that it states how big the file is. Makes me wonder if you read before you download. Another thing is that with how you go about talking about the game and I'd hate to be SBAllen if he were to read a review by you if you were to do one for the new Sly game. I'd be embarrassed to read it and probably end up seeing nothing but a joke review. Side note, harddrive fails or get a YLOD, then having a chance to lose everything, then you're up [expletive] creek without a paddle.
---
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#20DoctorCrabMDPosted 2/6/2013 7:17:50 PM
Sly 4 is a travesty. The only reason people are praising it is because there are so few platformers on PS3. The same thing is happening with Ni No Kuni but replace platformer with JRPG.

Instead of praising absolute crap, people should be demanding better.