This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Sony were to go under, would Playstation too?

#1MMAKSXPosted 2/6/2013 10:10:43 AM
What I mean is this, If all of Sonys other divisions started to fail (word is that they are) will Playstation still go strong? I mean we all know playstation makes a lot of money so could they just have playstation just as Nintendo is just....Nintendo?

Hope that makes sense.
#2SuperShadowAcePosted 2/6/2013 10:13:27 AM
Yes as they lost all their PS1/2 money on the PS3 and they sunk what little money they made on the PS3 on the Vita which was been destroyed by the 3DS and smartphones.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#3MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:12:45 AM
Damn son...
#4LionheartCJPosted 2/6/2013 11:20:17 AM
Even if sony went out of business i could see someone buying the playstation name/brand
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXqC7Dlhs - The Legend Of Don Piano
#5ShineboxerPosted 2/6/2013 11:21:00 AM
Yes as they lost all their PS1/2 money on the PS3 and they sunk what little money they made on the PS3 on the Vita which was been destroyed by the 3DS and smartphones.

Plus the bad quality products and letting go a lot of talent that ended up making Samsung, Toshiba, ASUS, Etc more successful.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#6ShineboxerPosted 2/6/2013 11:21:48 AM
Even if sony went out of business i could see someone buying the playstation name/brand

Probably MS, the brand is only worth 600 million IIRC.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#7StrongBad456Posted 2/6/2013 11:34:53 AM

Plus the bad quality products and letting go a lot of talent that ended up making Samsung, Toshiba, ASUS, Etc more successful.

The original 360s were so prone to breaking that PS3 YLOD rates/cases will never reach RROD proportions. I've never once had a Sony product break except for Headphones and 1 PS2.
---
Nail, it's an albino Namek. Kill it like the rest. - Super Kami Guru
#8LionheartCJPosted 2/6/2013 11:37:38 AM
StrongBad456 posted...

The original 360s were so prone to breaking that PS3 YLOD rates/cases will never reach RROD proportions. I've never once had a Sony product break except for Headphones and 1 PS2.

I've had a PS1, about 3 PS2's and a PS3 give up on me, so i prefer not to use the RROD as an argument
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXqC7Dlhs - The Legend Of Don Piano
#9TomoEK9Posted 2/6/2013 11:50:04 AM
LionheartCJ posted...
StrongBad456 posted...

I've had a PS1, about 3 PS2's and a PS3 give up on me, so i prefer not to use the RROD as an argument

And I have had none of those fail on me. I am still using the phat PS2 and PS3, both work just as well the day I bought them. I have one of the mini PS1s so by that point I assume Sony worked out most of the kinks.

Regardless of what YOUR experience is, RROD was a wide spread problem for 360s, and YLOD has never and will never reach a level that bad.
#10Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/6/2013 3:51:53 PM
LionheartCJ posted...

I imagine they could sell off the PlayStation brand (and related studios) to Nintendo if they made a good offer.