This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Sony were to go under, would Playstation too?

#11UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 3:53:03 PM
MS might buy the name. To try to help them with their struggles at retail.
---
After the Fallout
#12djmaster1994Posted 2/6/2013 4:01:24 PM
Nintendo will no longer exist if they go under.
PlayStation will just go Sega route.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#13The_MPerPosted 2/6/2013 4:13:29 PM
LionheartCJ posted...

I've had a PS1, about 3 PS2's and a PS3 give up on me, so i prefer not to use the RROD as an argument

Maybe its not the product, maybe it's you.
---
PSN: The_MPer --- XBL: The U is Silent --- Wii: doesn't work anymore --- Steam: So Zetta Slow
#14UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 4:17:22 PM
djmaster1994 posted...
Nintendo will no longer exist if they go under

It'd be good for Nintendo to no longer have to deal with hardware. They struggle with it. They could still make their games a gen behind on other platforms and their fans would buy them.
---
After the Fallout
#15Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/6/2013 4:24:54 PM
Universquall posted...
djmaster1994 posted...
Nintendo will no longer exist if they go under

It'd be good for Nintendo to no longer have to deal with hardware. They struggle with it. They could still make their games a gen behind on other platforms and their fans would buy them.

Struggle with it? They're the only ones who try to keep cost/effectiveness ratio to reasonable levels. Microsoft and Sony keep putting unnecessarily expensive computer tech and then sell it at a loss, with the latter company's debt now in the billions due to that strategy. I really can't see how you'd need much more than the Wii U or even PS3 at thisa point; you're not exactly using it for CAD or SETI, are you?
#16UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 4:28:58 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Struggle with it?

Yep
---
After the Fallout
#17Lefty128kPosted 2/6/2013 4:29:01 PM
LionheartCJ posted...
StrongBad456 posted...
Yes as they lost all their PS1/2 money on the PS3 and they sunk what little money they made on the PS3 on the Vita which was been destroyed by the 3DS and smartphones.

Plus the bad quality products and letting go a lot of talent that ended up making Samsung, Toshiba, ASUS, Etc more successful.

The original 360s were so prone to breaking that PS3 YLOD rates/cases will never reach RROD proportions. I've never once had a Sony product break except for Headphones and 1 PS2.

I've had a PS1, about 3 PS2's and a PS3 give up on me, so i prefer not to use the RROD as an argument

That many machines aren't just going to "give up". The odds of getting that many bad units is very low.

More than likely, you just don't know how to treat your gear.
#18LionheartCJPosted 2/6/2013 5:36:24 PM
Lefty128k posted...
LionheartCJ posted...
StrongBad456 posted...
Yes as they lost all their PS1/2 money on the PS3 and they sunk what little money they made on the PS3 on the Vita which was been destroyed by the 3DS and smartphones.

Plus the bad quality products and letting go a lot of talent that ended up making Samsung, Toshiba, ASUS, Etc more successful.

The original 360s were so prone to breaking that PS3 YLOD rates/cases will never reach RROD proportions. I've never once had a Sony product break except for Headphones and 1 PS2.

That many machines aren't just going to "give up". The odds of getting that many bad units is very low.

More than likely, you just don't know how to treat your gear.

PS2's were notorious for DRE's, the PS1 did last a long time however it was from launch messed up in about 07-08
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXqC7Dlhs - The Legend Of Don Piano
#19MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:46:50 PM
Only my ps3 60gb died, beyond that? Nothing. PS1 was epic, PS2 fat was never in trouble and my slim now has been great since it launched.