This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is my P|S3 about to die.

#1BehaviorismPosted 2/6/2013 9:26:16 AM
I've been playing Need for Speed: The Run and Mass Effect. During both games, my PS3 has been freezing nonstop. In need for speed, more than once the screen turned into a polygon mess and I was driving in the air into a glitched nowhere. Any advice?
---
I'm not changing this sig until the St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup. Started: 1/7/13
CM Punk: Best in the world!!!
#2SDFan18Posted 2/6/2013 9:52:38 AM(edited)
Could be. The polygonal thing could be a sign of the GPU beginning to fail. All the freezing could be due to the bluray diode beginning to fail, as well. It would be hard to know for sure what exactly is causing the problem until you had a full failure somewhere.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#3Behaviorism(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:45:16 AM
Thats not good. Can I get it fixed at a gamestore without destroying my memory?
---
I'm not changing this sig until the St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup. Started: 1/7/13
#4CloudisthebestPosted 2/6/2013 9:54:35 AM
Are there any other symptoms? Does it skip or whatever while playing another game?
---
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant
#5SDFan18Posted 2/6/2013 9:56:09 AM
You can always back up your entire HDD to an external drive before you get a full failure. It's a safe bet to backup while you can, just in case anything does happens. You can always copy your gamesaves to a usb drive or something if that's all you cared about, though the locked ones could only be backed up on the cloud if you have PS+.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#6Behaviorism(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:01:42 AM
Cloudisthebest posted...
Are there any other symptoms? Does it skip or whatever while playing another game?

it doesn't skip, it just freezes constantly. Every now and then the sounds goes out. I use it a lot for DVD's and Blu-Rays too. Does that make a difference?
---
#7Spetsnaz420Posted 2/6/2013 10:04:09 AM
Behaviorism posted...
Cloudisthebest posted...

it doesn't skip, it just freezes constantly. Every now and then the sounds goes out. I use it a lot for DVD's and Blu-Rays too. Does that make a difference?

Does it have issues with blu-rays? If not, I doubt there is a drive issue...
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#8Behaviorism(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:06:46 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Behaviorism posted...
Cloudisthebest posted...

Does it have issues with blu-rays? If not, I doubt there is a drive issue...

No issues with movies
---
#9Gamer4ever77Posted 2/6/2013 11:06:40 AM
Behaviorism posted...
Thats not good. Can I get it fixed at a gamestore without destroying my memory?

You could take it and get it diagnosed. It's better to get someone to experience firsthand what your issue is and if it's about to die.
---
I will not change this until WWE brings back the KOTR PPV. {Started 2-1-10}
2012 Minnesota Vikings 10-6
#10Cosmic_CoyotePosted 2/6/2013 12:42:00 PM
Behaviorism posted...
I've been playing Need for Speed: The Run and Mass Effect. During both games, my PS3 has been freezing nonstop. In need for speed, more than once the screen turned into a polygon mess and I was driving in the air into a glitched nowhere. Any advice?

I LOLīed

if you are playing Big Rigs on PC then itīs normal
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"