This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop stock drops 6% today upon rumors 720 blocks used games

#1devastatorX2Posted 2/6/2013 10:40:04 AM
LOL Gamestop got owned again.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=GME&ei=w4kSUeCMG4WZrAGygwE

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/

Last time it dropped 6% was when PS4 rumors were that it blocked used games too.
---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#2crazyman32Posted 2/6/2013 10:44:49 AM
What is funny is people who actually believe those rumors.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#3Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/6/2013 10:45:19 AM
Who's really getting owned here? Possibilities:

1) People taking rumors as facts

2) Gamestop

3) The consumer - for being happy that gamestop is being affected negatively. If the rumors were confirmed you'd have to pay full price for extended periods of time before a price drop is announced. You'd probably have to pay full price even up to 8 months after release.

4) The companies that might think blocking used games is a good idea.

In any case, I don't buy many games and those that I do buy, I buy new. So I'm in that area that won't be affected too much. But I'd still reconsider buying a next gen console if the developers are stupid enough to restrict used games.

They already milk the consumer hard enough, any harder milking would likely lead to people saying "you know what? f*** you too. I'm done with this crap."
#4ryouma17Posted 2/6/2013 10:48:55 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...

2) Gamestop

3) The consumer - for being happy that gamestop is being affected negatively. If the rumors were confirmed you'd have to pay full price for extended periods of time before a price drop is announced. You'd probably have to pay full price even up to 8 months after release.

you forgot 5) all of the above
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#5chiefofsb78Posted 2/6/2013 10:49:39 AM
From the rumors or not Gamestop is still going under 100's of their stores are being closed every year 500-600 this year are being closed thats why its dropping
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#6CurlisPosted 2/6/2013 10:50:48 AM
Yea, the company isn't even making money currently. If these rumors turned out to be true it would just be the final nail in the coffin.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Vesperia
My Backlog: http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=curlis (feel free to add me)
#7BehaviorismPosted 2/6/2013 10:51:02 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...

2) Gamestop

In any case, I don't buy many games and those that I do buy, I buy new. So I'm in that area that won't be affected too much. But I'd still reconsider buying a next gen console if the developers are stupid enough to restrict used games.

They already milk the consumer hard enough, any harder milking would likely lead to people saying "you know what? f*** you too. I'm done with this crap."

I'll second a LOL gamestop. I have no problem paying full price for a game anytime because that means that the game's company is getting the cash and that hopefully means that sequels to games I like ar emore likely to come out.
---
I'm not changing this sig until the St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup. Started: 1/7/13
CM Punk: Best in the world!!!