This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EDGE: Next Xbox to block used game. MS = anti-consumer, Sony = pro-consumer

#1-Damien-Posted 2/6/2013 10:57:35 AM
http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/
#2jubjub360Posted 2/6/2013 10:59:06 AM
Anyone else find it funny that Damien was pro antiused when Sony announced it but is now anti antiused when a rumor comes up?
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#3IHeartMetroidPosted 2/6/2013 11:00:07 AM
I'm not going to get ANY system that blocks used games. Don't care who makes it.
---
Currently ignoring 2 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#4BahamutBBobPosted 2/6/2013 11:00:55 AM
I know the Xbox rumor has been floating around for a long time, but Sony actually came out with a patent to prevent used games from working.

It looks to me like both are going to do it, which means I'll probably buy a Wii U, if anything.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#5xsabrewulfPosted 2/6/2013 11:02:36 AM
I'm not going to get ANY system that blocks used games. Don't care who makes it.

Well since PS4 and Next Xbox are going to do it... you can buy... WiiU?
#6enigma2274Posted 2/6/2013 11:03:16 AM
BahamutBBob posted...
I know the Xbox rumor has been floating around for a long time, but Sony actually came out with a patent to prevent used games from working.

It looks to me like both are going to do it, which means I'll probably buy a Wii U, if anything.

It sucks, but I'm not buying a system that will be outdated this fall.
---
PS3: Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3
Vita: EDF 2017, Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4 PSN: enigma2288
#7IHeartMetroidPosted 2/6/2013 11:03:17 AM
Just looked at the specs they listed.

Is this article a joke?

A 1.6ghz processor? Only 8GB of RAM?

I can buy a PC for around sixty bucks that's got better specs than that.
---
#8xsabrewulfPosted 2/6/2013 11:06:28 AM
Just looked at the specs they listed.

Is this article a joke?

A 1.6ghz processor? Only 8GB of RAM?

I can buy a PC for around sixty bucks that's got better specs than that.

Lets see you buy an 8 CORE 1.6 wtih 8gb for that price.

Consoles are not like PC's Console have A LOT more of the CPU dedicated to a certain task (gaming in this case)
#9shawnmckPosted 2/6/2013 11:10:16 AM
I don't really care about the blocking of used games as much as I care about the always On-line requirement.

Plus, I think that the people who argue against used games don't really know what they are talking about.
The used game industry is actually helpful because it allows people who otherwise can't afford new video-games to still have access to them.
It really is no different than the used car industry.
You take it out, and you're just going to hurt the poor.
And you AREN'T going to help the industry at all.....people will just buy fewer new games.
#10IHeartMetroidPosted 2/6/2013 11:14:42 AM
"Lets see you buy an 8 CORE 1.6 wtih 8gb for that price. "

I'll do one better. I can get an eight core that runs FOUR TIMES FASTER for a fraction more.

Custom built case with extra RAM-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fast-AMD-FX-4-2GHz-Quad-Core-X4-Computer-Windows-7-DDR3-Gaming-Desktop-PC-/390538647939?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item5aedead983

$50.

Add to that the eight core processor and another 4GB (to make your eight).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AMD-FX-4-0GHz-Eight-Core-X8-4GB-DDR3-Desktop-Motherboard-CPU-RAM-PC-Combo-/261165203011?pt=US_Motherboard_CPU_Combos&hash=item3ccea8be43

And that's $102

And I've just built you a system for $152 that not only beats the paltry specs listed, but beats them four times over.

Don't give me that "dedicated" crap- those specs, especially for something not even out of the gate, are totally garbage, man.
---