This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy it, Rent it, or F*** it: Dead Space 3

#21true_gamer80Posted 2/6/2013 11:41:31 AM
horror_spooky posted...
work_a_holic posted...
And how is micro transactions a bad thing? It isn't forced, and there isn't anything exclusive to micro transactions. I can get everything without spending a dime. It is just there IF YOU WANT TO. That's not a negative.

It's annoying and breaks the immersion when you are trying to craft a weapon and don't have enough parts.

For example,

"YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PARTS!...DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT?"

omg the babies lol....would you be crying and whining like a baby if there werent micro transatcions and you had to still fnd parts lol....omg you have to play the game to find parts the microtransactions are irrelavant to your silly whining, still gotta find parts regardless lol....ruins the immersion lol...some of you are grasping for straws so bad to hate your coming off rathr silly lol
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#22horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:41:56 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...

You must have ignored most of the game. I remember in dead space 2 he had to go fix quite a few things to continue on. Like dead space 1. Also, you saying he was a space marine is dumb. Tell me what game in the dead space series has you starting out with one man army and giving you all of the weapons to begin with.

Yeah, I must have ignored the moment when the series stopped being about surviving and more about set-pieces and Isaac becoming Tony Star.

Oh wait, I didn't. The fact that Dead Space 3 devolved further into universal ammo and actual guns as opposed to tools means Dead Space left what it started.

This is a surprisingly accurate statement. Didn't think about it that way, but yes, Isaac might as well be Iron Man in this game.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#23work_a_holicPosted 2/6/2013 11:42:31 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...

You must have ignored most of the game. I remember in dead space 2 he had to go fix quite a few things to continue on. Like dead space 1. Also, you saying he was a space marine is dumb. Tell me what game in the dead space series has you starting out with one man army and giving you all of the weapons to begin with.

Yeah, I must have ignored the moment when the series stopped being about surviving and more about set-pieces and Isaac becoming Tony Stark.

Oh wait, I didn't. The fact that Dead Space 3 devolved further into universal ammo and actual guns as opposed to tools means Dead Space left what it started.

No it means that it has moved on and the story progressed. Do you really want every story to be Isaac going to fix a broken down ship only to find it has been taken over by aliens?

It has changed from that, to him actually fighting these things.
#24horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:42:41 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
horror_spooky posted...
work_a_holic posted...
And how is micro transactions a bad thing? It isn't forced, and there isn't anything exclusive to micro transactions. I can get everything without spending a dime. It is just there IF YOU WANT TO. That's not a negative.

It's annoying and breaks the immersion when you are trying to craft a weapon and don't have enough parts.

For example,

omg the babies lol....would you be crying and whining like a baby if there werent micro transatcions and you had to still fnd parts lol....omg you have to play the game to find parts the microtransactions are irrelavant to your silly whining, still gotta find parts regardless lol....ruins the immersion lol...some of you are grasping for straws so bad to hate your coming off rathr silly lol

I don't hate the game. I recommend people go out and rent it, but it is decidedly worse than the first two games.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#25jubjub360Posted 2/6/2013 11:43:08 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...

Yeah, I must have ignored the moment when the series stopped being about surviving and more about set-pieces and Isaac becoming Tony Stark.

Well no surprise there. Baseless arguments from sigma.

Fun fact: all the games you have to survive in. First one is on a ship. Second one is on a space station. Third is on a planet in a mining colony. All of them are about surviving in some way.

God forbid that they changed setting and found it harder to add tools to a game. I bet you would have loved it to stay in the same setting it was in one with no sense of evolution.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#26jrr18Posted 2/6/2013 11:43:34 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...

Both dead space 1 and 2 had a military assault rifle with a grenade launcher alt fire mode so the real gun comment is dumb.

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/SWS_Motorized_Pulse_Rifle
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#27mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/6/2013 11:44:33 AM
jrr18 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
jrr18 posted...
You know half of the negative points aply to dead space 1 and 2 and then online pass and micro DLC aply to most new game's.

This.

Also, and I may be wrong on this, but wasn't Isaac maintenance to begin with?

Yep and you spend a good amount of the other games fixing stuff to so complaining about that is like saying Mario’s bad because everything’s an excuses to jump.

I really expected a "Mario never fixed a toilet or sink in any of his games" when I started reading your post.
---
I love video games : )
#28jubjub360Posted 2/6/2013 11:44:35 AM
work_a_holic posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
jubjub360 posted...

No it means that it has moved on and the story progressed. Do you really want every story to be Isaac going to fix a broken down ship only to find it has been taken over by aliens?

It has changed from that, to him actually fighting these things.

I bet some people probably wanted Ripley to stay on a space ship and getting chased as well.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#29true_gamer80Posted 2/6/2013 11:45:47 AM
horror_spooky posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
horror_spooky posted...
work_a_holic posted...

For example,

I don't hate the game. I recommend people go out and rent it, but it is decidedly worse than the first two games.

ok thats fine lets talk about what you said that I quoted and replied with and how it makes no sense at all lol, how your whining to just whine lol

You say microtransatins ruins immersion yet if they werent in the game you r complaint with lack of parts would still be in the game. You have to play the game to gather enugh parts lol. How in the world is what you said ruining the immersion lol...makes no sense other thn whining to just whine lol

Now lets not simply ignore all that this time lol
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#30jrr18Posted 2/6/2013 11:47:33 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
jrr18 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
jrr18 posted...
You know half of the negative points aply to dead space 1 and 2 and then online pass and micro DLC aply to most new game's.

This.

Also, and I may be wrong on this, but wasn't Isaac maintenance to begin with?

Yep and you spend a good amount of the other games fixing stuff to so complaining about that is like saying Mario’s bad because everything’s an excuses to jump.

I really expected a "Mario never fixed a toilet or sink in any of his games" when I started reading your post.

Why would an unemployed plumber high on shroms fix anything?
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101