This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni no Kuni is definitely the PS3's best JRPG...Top 10 ever?

#1Raven-ZPosted 2/6/2013 10:48:39 AM
I'm about 10 hours in so far and find it really hard to break out of. The world Level-Ghibli have created is right up there with the best JRPG's, everything feels just magical and authentic, pure and simple. Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Hitman...everything else has been swept aside now to focus on this masterpiece. I'd probably put it in my top 10 favourite games this gen. I'm really not surprised it sold out in two days. Everyone should play it.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#2SigmaHacielPosted 2/6/2013 10:49:36 AM
No.

It is good, but not one of the top 10 ever.

And calling it the best PS3 RPG is kinda laughable considering we don't have many to begin with.
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 2/6/2013 10:50:51 AM
"Everyone should play it"
The audience for this game is small
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#4pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/6/2013 10:56:45 AM
"Everyone should play it"
The audience for this game is small
---

Ni No Kuni is a niche game its catering to a very small audience it is not mainstream thank goodness, and its doing well, maybe this is a shock to developers produce games the way they are suppose to be done and the fans and money will come.

Stop trying to mimic COD or other games and make games just to make games, not for the money, idk if you are a company or a small developer the golden years showed that if games are good money will come instead of trying so hard.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#5PHEEliNUXPosted 2/6/2013 10:59:35 AM
Don't consider it a "niche" game, Since pretty much everyone in PS3 boards know it
---
#6SigmaHacielPosted 2/6/2013 11:00:30 AM
Yes and the PS3 board is just the center of the universe.

I THINK I've seen a commercial spot for NNK.

I THINK.
#7LAGswitchLARRYPosted 2/6/2013 11:01:44 AM
Sum1 didn't play Demon's Souls

Sum1 didn't play Dark Souls
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#8WeLoveYouPosted 2/6/2013 11:08:12 AM
After 30 hours of gameplay, I can say Ni no Kuni is far overrated from what I've seen from critics reviews. It's just a good game, that deserves no more than a 8/10.
Among the jrpg games I played on PS3, I personally think that Eternal Sonata and Final Fantasy XIII are better than Ni no Kuni, in many aspects.
Only because it has towns, villages and a world map, it doesn't automatically mean it is a fantastic Jrpg, you know.
#9AlltraPosted 2/6/2013 11:08:56 AM
NNK is not a Top 10 candidate, but it is a very good RPG.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#10SigmaHacielPosted 2/6/2013 11:09:57 AM
It is really only highly praised because it is a throwback title.

If we weren't starved for traditional and actually good RPGs, nobody would really care.

It IS one of the best on the PS3, but that isn't saying much out of what, maybe 10 actually good RPGs? (None of those including the letters "XIII")