This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Sony and Microsoft both block used games next gen what will you do?

#171crunchb3rryPosted 2/6/2013 11:07:49 PM
I probably just wouldn't buy very many games at all anymore. And while they'd prevent the used market from getting my money, they'd prevent themselves from ever getting it too.

The best thing they could do to both reduce the threat of the used market and gain more overall sales instead of canibalizing their "lesser franchise" sales is charge less for games, like a $40 MSRP instead of $60, basically what the PC version (if there is one) goes for. And never have the combined DLC cost more than $20 total...so we at least get back to the "I paid $60 and own the entire game" days. Where it's only $40 if you just want the base game, but $60 if you want it all. Kinda getting tired of paying upwards of (and sometimes beyond) $100 for every damn game.
#172BruceLee007Posted 2/6/2013 11:21:22 PM
The biggest problem is that I won't be able to sell my games for what Gamestop sells them for used on ebay and amazon. I'm not paying 60 bucks for a game that lasts 10 hours, when I can't turn around and sell it for at least 40 online.
---
Gamer Tag-SiriusBlack1985
PSN-BruceLee007
#173TeremeiPosted 2/6/2013 11:23:20 PM
love my WiiU.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#174srxog4ps3Posted 2/6/2013 11:32:21 PM
I do not buy used game, so I do not give rat's arse if that actually happens. What I will do, though, is that I will hold a party for gamestop not being able to sell used games;they can rot in HELL for all I care!
#175Chaos StrykerPosted 2/6/2013 11:35:44 PM
Not buy them. Simple as that.

I'm not going to buy a game console that treats me like a criminal.
---
Don't believe in yourself, believe in me! Believe in the Chaos who believes in you!
Please don't say you are lazy. The fact is, I'm really crazy.
#176HunterTrainer72Posted 2/6/2013 11:44:13 PM
Well I feel that A LOT of gamers will be really disappointed, I mean come on we're already complaining about it, so I think both will release a new type of console that allows playing used games. So I'm waiting lol
---
If I had a dollar for each time God was mentioned, I'd keep my money in a safe instead of using it for good.
#177boredofyouPosted 2/6/2013 11:54:26 PM
Other. I will laugh while the world of console gaming burns.

Seriously though, it would be a telling moment.. Would gamers accept that what they buy isn't actually their own to do with as they please? Or would there be a backlash that changes the makeup of the console wars?

Perhaps most gamers will collectively yawn and roll over for the gaming companies..

It doesn't really matter to me, other than as a disappointing finish to my long gaming career. I have already said, I intend to stop with this Gen.

I do hope gamers as a whole don't accept this, as I see it as a step in the wrong direction. I hope that gamers begin to demand games that are higher quality and the industry follows what the gamers want.. I know this probably won't happen though.

Maybe another crash is what the industry needs.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#178ImalwayswrightPosted 2/6/2013 11:57:11 PM
Can't we just borrow games from each other?
#179SuperrpgmanPosted 2/7/2013 12:01:45 AM
What would be the point of switching to pc gaming? Almost all PC games for the last few years require a cd key, making most used games useless.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#180PhoenixPrincePosted 2/7/2013 12:05:54 AM
I'd just go for a Wii U. And eventually I'm going to build myself a gaming PC. I have no problems with buying new games, but if it's something I'm unsure of, or an old game that I never got a chance to buy, then no. Not every game is worth the price tag, plain and simple. And if I happen to get a game I don't like, I'm stuck with it. Do companies have so little faith in their games that they'd force people to keep them instead of having the ability to sell them?
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.