This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Sony and Microsoft both block used games next gen what will you do?

#31megamaticsPosted 2/6/2013 2:33:50 PM
It would suck to not be able to buy Hidden Gems when at the end of the Gen. Those games that don't have enough money to afford space on MS or PSN servers...
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#32Godly_GoofPosted 2/6/2013 2:36:07 PM
As long as they didn't go full digital it wouldn't affect me one bit. They go full digital and I walk.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#33DolphLundgrennnPosted 2/6/2013 2:43:48 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
As long as they didn't go full digital it wouldn't affect me one bit. They go full digital and I walk.

genius man.
#34kingrat2314Posted 2/6/2013 2:49:20 PM
I'd switch to pc gaming exclusively. Although I think the chances of next gen consoles blocking used games is about 0. There are only so many copies of a game one can make.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#35riddlebox89Posted 2/6/2013 2:49:53 PM
Paulf001 posted...
Well first off I never buy used games so this doesn't effect me. I would still get a PS4. Sony's way of blocking used games is better then MS's. They just write something on the disc (like a tag they put on the disc) that links it do your system and you can play offline.

Yeah and then your console stops working, then you have to buy a new console, then your games won't work because they're tied to your first console so you have to buy them all over again.

Just because you don't buy used games, doesn't mean next gen consoles blocking them won't affect you.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#36JustPlainEvilPosted 2/6/2013 2:53:55 PM
Already own a gaming PC.
---
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
Phenom II X4 965(4.0ghz), Sapphire 7870, 8GB Gskill, BioStar A880G+, Seasonic S12II, W8.
#37KHWyvernPosted 2/6/2013 2:56:46 PM
While I think this rumor is just that at this point, I'll probably stick with my current consoles, and get a Wii U.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#38GunzleaderPosted 2/6/2013 2:58:38 PM
you gamestop haters suck. they can still see ps4 games NEW. and what about the families of the employees? what if its the only job they can get? sad how you don't care.. hope you never have to lose your job its heartbreaking trust me. ive seen suicides and assaults and gun fights over lost jobs. feel sorry for assault rifle manufacturers. thanks obama countless jobs will be lost. hope your proud. least you can support your kids.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#39grendelnargentPosted 2/6/2013 3:00:06 PM
how about not buying the new consoles and enjoying playing your old console
#40tailsfan2005Posted 2/6/2013 3:01:56 PM
I guess I will buy fewer games, which means in turn I will buy less DLC, which means that they'll in the long run probably get LESS money from me.
---
Try again tomorrow, I'll gladly take you on.