This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 for $50, should I get it?

#1MobileWarfarePosted 2/6/2013 1:28:00 PM
I have an xbox and play that a lot but I have wanted a ps3 for quite some time now. I was thinking I could get the ps3 for games like inFamous, uncharted, and Wipeout. Earlier my friend said that he would sell me his ps3 for $50. He said that he wants to sell it because he doesn't play it any more and its not in too good of a condition. According to my friend the ps3 freezes a lot when he plays Call of Duty and sometimes the sound goes out. He also told my that the controller battery doesn't last very long any more and the charger doesn't work all too well(I don't know what he means about the charger but I assume the battery is bad, can I change it?). Do you guys think I should get it?
---
PSN: MobilizedWarfare, XL: Skillfreakout
Currently playing: Skyrim(xbox), Black ops 2(xbox), Far cry 3(xbox), Little Big planet(vita), Gravity Rush(vita)
#2SigmaHacielPosted 2/6/2013 1:29:19 PM
So...what the hell did this guy do to his PS3? **** it?
#3bigtiggie23Posted 2/6/2013 1:30:15 PM
Why would you buy a system that already sounds like it's broken?
---
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta.
#4boofiePosted 2/6/2013 1:30:43 PM
Sounds like $50 worth of frustration.
#5MobileWarfare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:32:47 PM
bigtiggie23 posted...
Why would you buy a system that already sounds like it's broken?

Well I have a feeling like he is exaggerating because he always makes small problems sound like big deals, plus the fact that he has only had it for a year, so it shouldn't be breaking already right?
---
Currently playing: Skyrim(xbox), Black ops 2(xbox), Far cry 3(xbox), Little Big planet(vita), Gravity Rush(vita)
#6BLAZE_92XPosted 2/6/2013 1:47:26 PM
Well freezing and sound glitches in call of duty are the games fault, not the system's fault. I've experienced both the problems playing call of duty thus far.

And if you're only problem is the controller, I suggest getting a brand-new controller with a brand-new battery.
---
http://i.imgur.com/njbwxoN.jpg
#7yuber112Posted 2/6/2013 1:48:31 PM
I got an 80 GB ps3 that doesn't read discs at all for $50. Fortunately I have about 30 PSN games so it gets the job done. It works really well as far as just HDD gaming goes.
#8MobileWarfare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:51:55 PM
I was asking about the ps3, he said that he actually had the wires in wrong so that is why sound wasn't working and it only freezes for Call of duty. It sounds a little weird that it suddenly works but he hasn't lied about selling me something before.
---