This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you enjoy older games like PS2 games more than games this generation?

#1HerrxPosted 2/6/2013 4:23:30 PM
Was wondering if you play Xbox360 and PS3 and also PS2 games and if you enjoy some older games on PS2, even though it has a lesser graphic quality, equal or more than this generation of games?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2wstfldPosted 2/6/2013 4:24:43 PM
Not really.
---
Last Played: DmC (8.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2
#3JoveHackPosted 2/6/2013 4:28:18 PM
Herrx posted...
Was wondering if you play Xbox360 and PS3 and also PS2 games and if you enjoy some older games on PS2, even though it has a lesser graphic quality, equal or more than this generation of games?

Yes. Even a mediocre PS2 game like Flushed Away has better animation, characters, story, and sense of place than current gen games. It also has a sense of humor, which is tough to find these days. The voice acting's pretty lively, too.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#4Herrx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:30:09 PM
Pkay how do you feel about PS2 games like Dark Cloud 2, Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue galaxy, Final Fantasy XII and Kingdom hearts Ii compared to this generations best and biggest games?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#5Jon_GodPosted 2/6/2013 4:51:36 PM
I enjoy the creativity, and diversity of older games, but the quality of newer games. If that makes sense.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#6FungumPosted 2/6/2013 4:54:23 PM
Not really.

PS2 games I've played since owning a 7th gen console: 1. NFS: Most Wanted. Once.
#7KaiserLeoPosted 2/6/2013 5:07:46 PM
Yes. I've greatly enjoyed playing a lot of my faves like Metal Gear Solid 2, Sonic Adventure and Final Fantasy IV.
---
I hate thongs, both kinds.
#8Junpei_StupeiPosted 2/6/2013 5:12:51 PM(edited)
Yes, I'm playing more PS2 games than PS3 games right now.

In fact, I find myself looking at the "Classics" section of the Playstation Store rather than using my "Playstation Plus" subscription. Why?

Just look at the games:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/04/playstation-plus-update-guardians-of-middle-earth-free-karateka-50-off/

Karateka? Seriously? Knytt Underground? I mean seriously? Who and what the hell are those? It's full of Western indie garbage. Previous gens had none of these. It was High Quality Japanese Paradise.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#9enigma2274Posted 2/6/2013 5:10:12 PM
Hell no!
---
PS3: Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3
Vita: EDF 2017, Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4 PSN: enigma2288
#10soldjangoPosted 2/8/2013 8:39:34 PM
I think there're more games I enjoyed back in the PS2/GC/Xbox days than today, but I think the level of enjoyment is about the same.
---
360 Gamertag: Arcangel Legacy
It's a JRPG, meaning that the setting is in japan and stuff. -trodahawk