This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you enjoy older games like PS2 games more than games this generation?

#11Merc123Posted 2/8/2013 8:46:30 PM
Its probably about the same, but one thing i hate about this gen vs that gen is that unless you are a triple A game your pretty much screwed.
#12archizzyPosted 2/8/2013 8:49:04 PM
Been gaming regularly since 1980 and am enjoying gaming now more than ever before.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#13NicodimusPosted 2/8/2013 8:53:02 PM
I don't really consider PS2 or PS1 games to be older games, but I've been gaming since the late 70s.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#14LygoPosted 2/8/2013 8:54:18 PM
Specific PS2 and previous gen games before that was the last of gaming for me, until the developers start to make next gen games a wow factor.
#15peinxkonanPosted 2/8/2013 9:10:38 PM(edited)
Yes and No.

I didn't care much for the PS2, but I really going back and playing GCN, N64, and PS1 games.

Although I certainly do enjoy playing some of the games of the current generation.

Bad games have existed in every generation, I don't know why some people associate bad games as an issue unique to the current generation.

Notice how I mentioned the N64?

I believe it has complete library of about 370 games, and most of them aren't very good (although quite a number of them are timeless masterpieces) .
---
---Doesn't care
#16h23456bcaPosted 2/8/2013 9:22:32 PM
I've been playing video games since 1987 and I really do enjoy the memories of past generations more than anything. I try to go back and play older games from time to time, especially Skies of Arcadia, and while I can play through it, it just feels like an assault on my eyes. I know that makes me sound like a graphic whore, and I technically am I suppose. But yeah, I really just wish all the old games I am so fond of were re-released in new and glorious HD...I'm a bad person : (
---
People say I'm no good, crazy as a loon.
Cause I get stoned in the morning, and drunk in the afternoon.
#17CrispykidsPosted 2/8/2013 10:42:38 PM
certain games for ps2 i will always enjoy like kingdom hearts and ffx and GTA that were awesome and are still better than games that come out today but there are good games that come out today but not as many
#18Marnex15Posted 2/8/2013 11:15:18 PM
No, I enjoy games now just as much as I did back then.

peinxkonan posted...
Bad games have existed in every generation, I don't know why some people associate bad games as an issue unique to the current generation.

Because they're stubborn idiots that can only focus on the positive of the past and the negative of the present. These types of people exist for virtually any type of media. You just have to put up with them and their incessant tantrums every day.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#19ShinyToyPaladinPosted 2/9/2013 3:13:58 AM
I miss the abundance of JRPGS, that's for sure.
#20Hellraiser555Posted 2/9/2013 5:25:59 AM
I like some games from the PS1 and PS2 era more than most of the games from the PS3 era. Some examples include the Xenosaga series and Suikoden series.

So I guess I like the older RPGs than most of the games from this gen.
---
Give them nothing, but take from them; everything!
Games at 100%: 18