This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Verge: Playstation 4 to launch with price tag of $400+

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The Verge: Playstation 4 to launch with price tag of $400+

User Info: EternalNether

EternalNether
4 years ago#1
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3961512/ps4-price-and-release-date-in-asahi-shimbun-report

Your thoughts on this? Obviously it's not concrete evidence, but still, discuss.

User Info: OrangeSchweese

OrangeSchweese
4 years ago#2
This is what most people expected when a poll was held a week or so ago. 400-450.

User Info: TauriLeader

TauriLeader
4 years ago#3
European release better not slip into 2014.

It would be March before Europe will get it by the time things settle down after Christmas.

At least to a pre-order run and do a full rollout in March.
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

User Info: Juliano025

Juliano025
4 years ago#4
Yeah... After buying my ps3 for 599$, I'm not going to buy any console until they give the first price drop to them. Buying a console on launch day is a bad idea you have to learn from. Game library is so short I don't know what I was thinking forking that much money. Having a reliable PC is enough to compensate.

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
4 years ago#5
$2000 or less or no buy til a price drop
After the Fallout

User Info: EternalNether

EternalNether
4 years ago#6
I've never bought a console on launch before, but I'm considering it for the PS4. I just have to wait and see what we find out about it. i was kind of hoping for a price between $350 and $400, but if it goes over that by a little I won't mind too much.

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
4 years ago#7
EternalNether posted...
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3961512/ps4-price-and-release-date-in-asahi-shimbun-report

Your thoughts on this? Obviously it's not concrete evidence, but still, discuss.

They certainly won't go over $500. Anything between $350-499 is a safe bet.
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!

User Info: steker16

steker16
4 years ago#8
probably a $350-400 base model with nothing special and a $450-500 version with bigger hdd
nomnomnom

User Info: jrr18

jrr18
4 years ago#9
Universquall posted...
$2000 or less or no buy til a price drop

Thats alot of money for a play station. I think you hit zero one to many times.
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101

User Info: IBringIt

IBringIt
4 years ago#10
I'll have more than likely have the console paid off before it ever releases and some extra cash set aside for games/accessories (even some of those most likely paid off beforehand). I always thought it kind of odd for someone to just walk-in to a store and spend all that money at once.
http://tinyurl.com/7fl22md
PSN: IconGrist
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The Verge: Playstation 4 to launch with price tag of $400+

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived