This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has the name "PlayStation 4" been confirmed yet?

#1SCStunner316Posted 2/6/2013 4:45:51 PM
Wouldn't see why they wouldn't, but I could see them changing it up.
---
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/BBFootBallr54
Twitter: @IAmBPBurke
#2regsantotomasPosted 2/6/2013 4:47:43 PM
The number 4 is usually considered bad luck in many Asian countries including Japan.

It is why it may not be a likely name to be used.

It wouldn't be surprising to be simply called Playstation or add something to the name much like they did with Playstation Vita.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#3ExtremeLightPosted 2/6/2013 4:48:03 PM
SCStunner316 posted...
Wouldn't see why they wouldn't, but I could see them changing it up.

Well the only other possibility is Playstation Orbis.
Because of some random latin meaning with Vita and Orbis= full circle/life.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#4ZendaikPosted 2/6/2013 4:48:30 PM
regsantotomas posted...
The number 4 is usually considered bad luck in many Asian countries including Japan.

It wouldn't be surprising to be simply called Playstation or add something to the name much like they did with Playstation Vita.

MGS4

DMC4

SMT4

RE4

etc.

It doesn't matter.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#5UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 4:49:43 PM
It's bad luck. But Sixty Deaths is fine.
---
After the Fallout
#6regsantotomasPosted 2/6/2013 4:51:41 PM
Zendaik posted...
regsantotomas posted...

MGS4

DMC4

SMT4

RE4

etc.

It doesn't matter.

Perhaps. But considering many Japanese companies skip the number 4 in many of their product lines, it wouldn't be too surprising. Panasonic just did this with their TV enumeration.

Again, we are all looking at tea leaves here.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#7ArkonBladePosted 2/6/2013 5:12:08 PM
Feb 20th might be the day alot is revealed about the PS4 or what ever it is going to be called.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#8killakPosted 2/6/2013 5:13:04 PM

When associated with people or dwellings
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#9ShineboxerPosted 2/6/2013 5:14:32 PM
Japan is afraid of 4?

No wonder they lost in 44.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#10OtakuGameraPosted 2/6/2013 5:16:50 PM
probably different naming according to regions like the 3DSXL/LL

meaning PS4 in the west, super PS or orbis in japan
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg