This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is it basically confirmed that Sony is going to win next-gen too?

#1Iced_ShadoPosted 2/6/2013 4:50:23 PM
Microsoft has dug their own grave with the recent news regarding always-online DRM and the blocking of used game sales. Even if this is all fake, you're still looking at a system whose large focus is a gimmick that wasn't particularly successful or well-received - Kinect. It's unclear how they're going to enhance it, but I don't see Kinect getting any better.

Nintendo is... okay. Sure, Wii U is doing pretty poorly and will basically become another Wii except with a tiny fraction of the casual userbase they already snagged last gen. But the 3DS is doing great, and only looking better as time goes on. So Nintendo is losing the console war but winning on the handheld front. (Sorry Vita fans)

Sony really doesn't need to do anything too special. We've seen how their recent "innovation" efforts have turned out: a tilt-sensitive controller that eventually became forgotten about by many, a Spellbook that was just as silly as it looked, and... whatever this thing is.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/01/ps-move-patent01.jpg

WE DON'T NEED THIS. Fact is, we gamers are fine with getting standard gameplay upgraded with new hardware. Better graphics, bigger levels, more customization, etc... it's not challenging, and it's all we need. We've already seen Sony coming up with plenty of new IPs that are successful, and if they can refine those existing series they could end up with some franchises that can really challenge Nintendo. The fact that they have enough to make a "Sony All-Stars" game proves this.

Overall, I think the PS4 will easily trump the other 2 main consoles pretty soon. Any flaws with my reasoning?
#2Luthor_Posted 2/6/2013 4:51:54 PM
If rumors are confirm worthy to you, than sure.

Adding to my ignore list.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#3PendragoonPosted 2/6/2013 4:51:58 PM
Yet another Shado alt... Just how many does this make? 10? 20?
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#4kobalobasileusPosted 2/6/2013 4:53:24 PM
The main flaw in your reasoning is that Sony wants to implement all the same DRM and anti-used idiocy that MS wants.

The other flaw in your reasoning is that the PS3 finished in last place for the 7th Gen. Wii blew the doors off and MS ate Sony's lunch.
#5FearPotionPosted 2/6/2013 4:56:22 PM
With the WiiU tracking sales worst then $599 PS3 with no games I can safety say its dead upon arrival.

M$ got so arrogant this generation that they think consumers will buy new games all the time when used games have become an industry standard today. Its going to flop hard. Also take into account the 3rd console means failure according to history.
#6Video_Game_CzarPosted 2/6/2013 4:57:39 PM
Sony...Winning? Very unlikely at this point...They still got to try and push that paperweight that is the Vita - Or as I call it "The handheld for rich kids to look cool with" because no one is buying that thing for the games...

Sony hasn't learned anything, The PS4 will cost more then the Next XBox and be just as hard-if-not harder to program for. Really, After the PS2 you would have thought they would have made a more developer friendly console...Like MS has been doing, But no...They made it harder.

...Also love how they just gave up on the move.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#7ExtremeLightPosted 2/6/2013 4:59:37 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
The main flaw in your reasoning is that Sony wants to implement all the same DRM and anti-used idiocy that MS wants.

The other flaw in your reasoning is that the PS3 finished in last place for the 7th Gen. Wii blew the doors off and MS ate Sony's lunch.

Actually Wii did explode onto the scene but a couple years later it seem obsolete. Xbox had dominated but since 2012 they seem to be losing to PS3. PS3 will finish 1st but barely. Wii is dead last.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#8chiefofsb78Posted 2/6/2013 5:00:17 PM
Sony always wins so of course unless MS finally got it right this time then Sony probably finally got some competition
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#9FearPotionPosted 2/6/2013 5:04:28 PM
I don't even consider the WiiU next gen. I mean look at its specs and compare it with the PS4. The PS4 makes the WiiU look like it belongs in the Flintstones era. Hell even the PS3 best looking titles look better than anything on WiiU right now. And that's friggin sad for WiiU owners.
#10Stanger5150Posted 2/6/2013 5:14:50 PM
Nintendo will win again, and Wii U sales will pick up once Zelda and Metroid arrive.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"