This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is it basically confirmed that Sony is going to win next-gen too?

#11UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 5:18:41 PM
Who knows? A majority of Nintendos 15 million fans are waiting to make Linkina HD the biggest selling Zelda game of all time.
---
After the Fallout
#12Blazed_ShadoPosted 2/6/2013 5:18:51 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
Nintendo will win again, and Wii U sales will pick up once Zelda and Metroid arrive.

> Metroid

You mean the series they ditched after NT ruined it for them? Yeah nah. If anything I hope they release a quality side-scroller on 3DS, or maybe something like Prime if Retro can make it work.

And with the Wii U, I really doubt Zelda will cut it. Wii launched with a new Zelda game - a port, sure, but it was still new and showed off what it was capable of quite well. Wii U is getting a port of a decade-old game nearly a year after the system launch, and MAYBE a new Zelda within the next 4 years. You really think that's gonna sell consoles?
#13UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 5:19:35 PM
FearPotion posted...
I don't even consider the WiiU next gen.

The industry won't either. Nobody outside of the mushroom kingdom will/does.
---
After the Fallout
#14PendragoonPosted 2/6/2013 5:19:40 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
The main flaw in your reasoning is that Sony wants to implement all the same DRM and anti-used idiocy that MS wants.

The other flaw in your reasoning is that the PS3 finished in last place for the 7th Gen. Wii blew the doors off and MS ate Sony's lunch.

Actually Wii did explode onto the scene but a couple years later it seem obsolete. Xbox had dominated but since 2012 they seem to be losing to PS3. PS3 will finish 1st but barely. Wii is dead last.

Wii is still selling several million a year. They should top 100 million well before Nintendo pulls the plug. Sony and Microsoft still have a quarter of a million to go to catch up.

Sony will pass them if they support it as well as they did the PS2 post new system launch. Microsoft is the wild card considering how they killed the Xbox as soon as the 360 hit.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#15HungoverHero777Posted 2/6/2013 5:21:17 PM
Blazed_Shado posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Nintendo will win again, and Wii U sales will pick up once Zelda and Metroid arrive.

> Metroid

You mean the series they ditched after NT ruined it for them? Yeah nah. If anything I hope they release a quality side-scroller on 3DS, or maybe something like Prime if Retro can make it work.

And with the Wii U, I really doubt Zelda will cut it. Wii launched with a new Zelda game - a port, sure, but it was still new and showed off what it was capable of quite well. Wii U is getting a remake of a decade-old game nearly a year after the system launch, and MAYBE a new Zelda within the next 4 years. You really think that's gonna sell consoles?

Fixed.
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k
#16PyroSparkPosted 2/6/2013 5:25:06 PM
Wii U is definitely gonna be a competitor when it starts releasing it's first party games.

But chances are it's gonna end up like the wii as soon as they're released. PS4 is gonna look pretty good.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#17ExtremeLightPosted 2/6/2013 5:26:41 PM
FearPotion posted...
I don't even consider the WiiU next gen. I mean look at its specs and compare it with the PS4. The PS4 makes the WiiU look like it belongs in the Flintstones era. Hell even the PS3 best looking titles look better than anything on WiiU right now. And that's friggin sad for WiiU owners.

1.) Wii U is more powerful than Xbox 360 and PS3 combined.
2.) The high-end graphics games haven't came out just yet. Just wait for the next Super Smash Bro, Zelda, Mario, etc.
3.) A gen is not based off of specs but rather when a console/handheld came out:
-Gen 6: PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Gameboy.
-Gen 7: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, PSP
If we went by specs then Gamecube would be in a gen on it own (gen 7) and the others after it would be 8.
-Gen 8: Vita, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Xbox 720
Wii U is not an update on the Wii like the PS3 slim was. Therefore it can't be in gen. 7.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#18ThamauturgePosted 2/6/2013 5:26:49 PM
Sony...Winning? Very unlikely at this point...They still got to try and push that paperweight that is the Vita - Or as I call it "The handheld for rich kids to look cool with" because no one is buying that thing for the games..

I'm poor and I have a Vita. And I got it for games.

No regrets because its an awesome system.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#19UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 5:30:51 PM
You are the only person on the planet that bought it.
---
After the Fallout
#20TG_WolfPosted 2/6/2013 5:32:36 PM
Implying Sony has/will/could win this or any Gen.

Heh.
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence. Official Mu of UNS3 Board
imageshack.us/a/img211/4599/finalt.png [Furry and Proud of it ^_^]