This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is it basically confirmed that Sony is going to win next-gen too?

#31Jon_GodPosted 2/6/2013 8:01:19 PM
I think in the end, every single company making a console will have loads of troubles next generation.

Nintendo will face the least uphill battle, but in the end, I feel like the Wii-U is more like the Gamecube 2.0. That's not a bad thing, but it probably wont be people's console of choice.

The nextbox/ps4 will run into many troubles relating to small install base, large cost, development costs that cannot be covered as the budgets are too large, that every owner of the console would have to buy 2 copies of the game to break even. It'd take a few years to star breaking even, which will scare of third party publishers.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#32Kid_ShadoPosted 2/7/2013 10:25:36 AM
Yeah, maybe so...
#33kcypher2000Posted 2/7/2013 1:48:15 PM
Jon_God posted...
I think in the end, every single company making a console will have loads of troubles next generation.

Nintendo will face the least uphill battle, but in the end, I feel like the Wii-U is more like the Gamecube 2.0. That's not a bad thing, but it probably wont be people's console of choice.

The nextbox/ps4 will run into many troubles relating to small install base, large cost, development costs that cannot be covered as the budgets are too large, that every owner of the console would have to buy 2 copies of the game to break even. It'd take a few years to star breaking even, which will scare of third party publishers.

Total BS. Learn to research a little. Pro of selling at launch is that there is so few games to choose from.
#34PangLaPosted 2/7/2013 1:56:09 PM
They brought the blue Playstation logo back, that's an instant win.
http://www.thegamingliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/PS4LOGO1.jpg
#35boredofyouPosted 2/7/2013 2:38:13 PM
The idea of a game company winning a Gen is a sad little idea used by sad little minds to prop up their choices just enough that they can eek out a sense of rightness in the choosing..
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.