This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good are the witcher games?

#1MMAKSXPosted 2/6/2013 5:05:14 PM
Sucks we never got them, I wonder if 3 will come over, but how would ps3 players know the story?
#2UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 5:24:27 PM
The same way all non PC owners will know.
---
After the Fallout
#3sicko26usPosted 2/6/2013 5:27:13 PM
I could not figure out the combat, they do not ease you into it at all. You use the mouse and keyboard to move (normal) and 10 different keys on the keyboard within 10 minuets of starting. After dying 20 times I put the game away and bought something else.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 2/6/2013 5:51:36 PM
their extremely good when it comes to story/choices and characters. 2's visual presentation is also outstanding. 1's gameplay is...different. its not for everyone to say the least. 2's combat is more action oriented and requires an understanding of its mechanics if you want to live. it can be extremely challenging. outside of that its standard rpg mechanics of upgrading gear, crafting potions and traps ect. and upgrading your character. If you like (w)rpg's they are required playing, imo.
#5PigfartsPosted 2/6/2013 5:52:56 PM
MMAKSX posted...
Sucks we never got them, I wonder if 3 will come over, but how would ps3 players know the story?

I played 2 there pretty fun, the story is pretty good, it feels like the decisions you make have an impact. the game is really easy once you figure out which spell to spam, Quan makes you god like. I don't think I died since I learned to spam it.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#6L0rdCrumpPosted 2/6/2013 7:11:21 PM
1 was a good game, 2 was a amazing game, one of the best rpgs I ever played. For 3, they said it can be played as a stand-alone game. I'm going to start reading the first Witcher novel because major characters from the novel will definitely appear in 3.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|