This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, assuming we get the PS4 soon, what developers will have the funds..

#1Seifer_usPosted 2/6/2013 5:31:32 PM
...to actually utilize that new potential? Companies are already struggling to keep up, so won't this inevitably cause a lot more companies to fold next gen? Let's make a list. Who do you think would survive and who would close shop?
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#2ShineboxerPosted 2/6/2013 5:32:14 PM
Hence the rather low specs.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#3UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 5:33:30 PM
Do people really believe that? We wont live in a CoD/Halo/GT world.
---
After the Fallout
#4ShineboxerPosted 2/6/2013 5:34:13 PM
Do people really believe that? We wont live in a CoD/Halo/GT world.

That's why you're only getting IOS JRPG's.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#5Evil_GogetaPosted 2/6/2013 5:35:13 PM
PS4 is out his year costing a little over 40k yen and will have all nes shown at te Playstation meeting on the 20th.
You'll be able to check your twitter and facebook with inergrated buttons and the controller is thr same as th PS3s pad except it does indeed have a touchpad!

All confirmed by the Japnese newspaper the Asahi Shinbun. Look for a post sometime today with a link.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, New game coming soon (WiiU) MH3GHD.
#6Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/6/2013 5:36:03 PM
Well, the PS4 is supposed to be a lot easier to develop for than the PS3, that's something..
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#7ExtremeLightPosted 2/6/2013 5:38:07 PM
Seifer_us posted...
...to actually utilize that new potential? Companies are already struggling to keep up, so won't this inevitably cause a lot more companies to fold next gen? Let's make a list. Who do you think would survive and who would close shop?

I think this gen was FPS gen. But given FPS peaked, I expect RPG to take the stage during gen. 8. I think it is time for some overall quailty games and not some half-arsed CoD games.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#8ShineboxerPosted 2/6/2013 5:41:21 PM
Seifer_us posted...

I think this gen was FPS gen. But given FPS peaked, I expect RPG to take the stage during gen. 8. I think it is time for some overall quailty games and not some half-arsed CoD games.

Seifer_us posted...

Nope, FPS and MMO will continue.
---
#9UniversquallPosted 2/6/2013 5:43:49 PM
ExtremeLight posted...

FPS will live on net gen as F2P games.
---
After the Fallout
#10BokuxPicoPosted 2/6/2013 5:53:18 PM
Platinum games probably won't be making PS4 games. I could see them sticking with the WiiU. Other small companies like Atlus and Level 5 probably won't make too many PS4 games either unless they decide to stick with PSN games.