This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Sony fix my PS3 if i opened it?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Will Sony fix my PS3 if i opened it?
2 years ago#1
My fat 60gb original model broke. Now I opened it up and took apart the blu ray drive to get Bayonetta out. However I did put everything back together properly. Its long been out of warranty.

I bought a slim to replace it but I am not liking it as much because now I have to get out my PS2 every time I want to play a PS2 game.

If I pay the $129 for Sony to fix it will they still fix it despite me taking it apart to get a game out?
2 years ago#2
Opening your PS3 voids the warranty, but if you put everything back together properly, they won't know unless you tell them.
2 years ago#3
nekrothing posted...
Opening your PS3 voids the warranty, but if you put everything back together properly, they won't know unless you tell them.

There is a warranty seal beneath the first screw you need to remove to open a PS3. They'll know alright.

Not that it matters in this case, because your warranty is void and you'll have to pay the full cost of repair anyway.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
(edited by zyrax2301)
2 years ago#4
They'll accept it but you'll have to pay the $150 to fix it.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
2 years ago#5
Your warranty was voided long time ago, they will fix it as long as you pay for it.
2 years ago#6
Yes, they will fix it.
---
No, John. You are the demons.
PSN = chuckyhacks
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Will Sony fix my PS3 if i opened it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived