This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 will cost about $400

#51Darkstorm16Posted 2/7/2013 8:47:43 AM
Still don't get what the hate is all about on the WiiU it looks fun who cares, my main concern about the PS4 is, is it backwards compatible? I see a bunch of PS3 titles I'm drooling over...I'm just late for the PS3 ride and would love to move onto the PS4 if it was backwards compatible. Also...some people can't afford a huge price of over $400 for gaming, there's a majority of people I know still in school and by the time they get their check they may get $20 for fun >.> and everybody I know just have an IPhone or Ipod Touch not an IPad
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#52thierminatorPosted 2/7/2013 9:02:02 AM
i hope its a worldwide release. And not like ps3 when we Europeans have to wait a full year longer
---
i am a warmachine
#53Damien94Posted 2/8/2013 1:56:36 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
Still don't get what the hate is all about on the WiiU it looks fun who cares, my main concern about the PS4 is, is it backwards compatible? I see a bunch of PS3 titles I'm drooling over...I'm just late for the PS3 ride and would love to move onto the PS4 if it was backwards compatible. Also...some people can't afford a huge price of over $400 for gaming, there's a majority of people I know still in school and by the time they get their check they may get $20 for fun >.> and everybody I know just have an IPhone or Ipod Touch not an IPad

Are you planning on throwing out your PS3? Even if it's not backwards compatible, what's to stop you from keeping the PS3 and also having the PS4 for the new games released on it?

As for $400, that hasn't been expensive for consoles since the the release of 360 and PS3. It's not even very expensive for any recent major electronics. Though I agree that it's expensive for certain classes of people, like students paying their own way through college, etc.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#54Lefty128kPosted 2/8/2013 4:20:34 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
LOL. What are you talking about? That is an AWESOME launch price. The console is going to be several times more powerful than the Wii U and cost only $50 more than the latter's Deluxe SKU.

actually if you factor in an external HDD the price is roughly the same

And if you don't, it isn't. Most people will never hook up an external.