This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Ocean International

#1CV24Posted 2/6/2013 7:17:45 PM
Should I get it?
Is it any good?
---
"Anger equals passion equals a good time"
#2SonicNashPosted 2/6/2013 7:18:31 PM
Worst than SO3, pathetic voice acting.
#3peinxkonanPosted 2/6/2013 7:20:20 PM
SO4 was the least enjoyable RPG I ever played.
---
---Doesn't care
#4CammyApplePosted 2/6/2013 7:21:20 PM
peinxkonan posted...

You have not played many RPGs.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#5SonicNashPosted 2/6/2013 7:22:54 PM
peinxkonan posted...

At least you didn't get it as a birthday, I am stuck keeping it for the sake of being respectful. I sooo wanted to tell my friend ''Thanks for the crappy gift!''.
#6Coutts2Posted 2/6/2013 7:23:24 PM
peinxkonan posted...

I'll second that
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#7XenotropixavierPosted 2/6/2013 7:27:50 PM
It offers plenty of content and the story takes a few twists that I didn't see coming. I recommend it, I think it's a great rpg with a fun battle system. Plus, DAT Reimi :)
#8AstroshakPosted 2/6/2013 7:37:46 PM
Others may disagree, but I thought it was the best SO game.

The sad part, though, is that avoiding a "what the heck are they talking about, where the heck did THAT come from?!?!?!?!?" moment when all is explained requires knowledge (and, ideally, playing) SO3. The "infamous" plot twist in SO3 plays a large part in what is going on in SO4 as well.

I found SO4 to be quite the fun game.
#9RyuuHou25Posted 2/6/2013 7:41:34 PM
SO 4 is great combat wise, horrible exploration and map wise. It's the only game I can think of where you hate the fact that the maps are HUGE. And I do mean HUGE!

The story is fairly simplistic and takes awhile to really get going. The crafting is the same as all other games, so that's pretty good as well!!

It's Star Ocean. You either love the games, or you flat out hate how they work, as evidenced by the replies here.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#10echa_OnePosted 2/6/2013 7:43:27 PM
It should be pretty cheap right now. Get it. It's pretty good. Great combat, skill and crafting systems. You'll get plenty of play hours from it.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else