This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if the PS4 doesn't allow used games unless you're a PS+ subscriber?

#1Vincent_CorePosted 2/6/2013 7:00:12 PM
Would you still buy it?
---
Learn to fight against your weak side and you'll naturally become stronger.
#2InfernalFivePosted 2/6/2013 7:01:35 PM
Yes, because PS+ is awesome.
---
"Needs more butter!"
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfabsU4xH1qzy531o1_500.jpg
#3Brocken_JrPosted 2/6/2013 7:02:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4PHEEliNUXPosted 2/6/2013 7:05:30 PM
Renting the ability to play retail games? No thanks, Even that i will be getting plus after my trial expires
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#5riddlebox89Posted 2/6/2013 7:16:04 PM
No, playing used games shouldn't be something you're forced to pay for, the same way backing up your game saves shouldn't be something you need to pay for.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#6Still__RippinPosted 2/6/2013 7:20:49 PM
I couldn't care less considering I already have PS+ and buy all my games new anyway. Honestly though, if people are intentionally waiting to buy used to stiff devs or whatever the reason I see no reason why the devs shouldn't fire back.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#7riddlebox89Posted 2/6/2013 7:24:18 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Honestly though, if people are intentionally waiting to buy used to stiff devs or whatever the reason I see no reason why the devs shouldn't fire back.

Nobodies stiffing anyone, every copy of every game you buy at a retailer is already paid for before it's even on the shelf.

Besides, in Europe they made it completely legal to sell your games as you see fit, so they can't block out used games else they'll end up getting sued for preventing someone from doing something they're legally allowed to do.
---
#8chiefofsb78Posted 2/6/2013 7:25:01 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
I couldn't care less considering I already have PS+ and buy all my games new anyway. Honestly though, if people are intentionally waiting to buy used to stiff devs or whatever the reason I see no reason why the devs shouldn't fire back.

^^THIS^^ the people buying used games are the ones who is really killing the industry waiting for a price drop i can understand at least its still new
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#9riddlebox89Posted 2/6/2013 7:26:26 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...
^^THIS^^ the people buying used games are the ones who is really killing the industry

Wrong, the people who actually believe this crap are the ones who are killing the industry, used games don't hurt a damn thing.
---
#10chiefofsb78Posted 2/6/2013 7:27:38 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Honestly though, if people are intentionally waiting to buy used to stiff devs or whatever the reason I see no reason why the devs shouldn't fire back.

Nobodies stiffing anyone, every copy of every game you buy at a retailer is already paid for before it's even on the shelf.

Besides, in Europe they made it completely legal to sell your games as you see fit, so they can't block out used games else they'll end up getting sued for preventing someone from doing something they're legally allowed to do.

Those are the NEW games RESELLING a game (used) the devs gets NOTHING
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!