This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if the PS4 doesn't allow used games unless you're a PS+ subscriber?

#21Still__RippinPosted 2/6/2013 8:49:13 PM
Damien94 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

And those NEW games are not paid for by the consumers, they're paid for by the retailers, buying a used copy doesn't mean they get nothing as they've already been paid, they're not entitled to anything past that.

Yes, but each used sale means one less potential sale in the next wave of production. Let me give you an example:

A game prints 1 million copies and ships them to retailers for initial launch. Yes, these are bought by retailers.

However, 3 million people want to buy the game. But instead of being able to print 2 million more copies and sell them, they only print 1 million more because the other million were sold as used. That's 1 million sales they'll never get to make.

And you're also apparently unaware that retailers RETURN new copies to publishers and get their payment back quite often. That's what Gamestop does. When a game has been out for awhile, they rely on used sales and only keep a small number of new copies. The rest they return to the publisher.

Used game sales are a BIG problem.

---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#22WhiteSkullPosted 2/6/2013 8:49:55 PM
Damien94 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

And those NEW games are not paid for by the consumers, they're paid for by the retailers, buying a used copy doesn't mean they get nothing as they've already been paid, they're not entitled to anything past that.

Yes, but each used sale means one less potential sale in the next wave of production. Let me give you an example:

A game prints 1 million copies and ships them to retailers for initial launch. Yes, these are bought by retailers.

However, 3 million people want to buy the game. But instead of being able to print 2 million more copies and sell them, they only print 1 million more because the other million were sold as used. That's 1 million sales they'll never get to make.

And you're also apparently unaware that retailers RETURN new copies to publishers and get their payment back quite often. That's what Gamestop does. When a game has been out for awhile, they rely on used sales and only keep a small number of new copies. The rest they return to the publisher.

Used game sales are a BIG problem.

First gamestop does NOT get to return games for a refund lol i work at one and after a while we drop the price and keep droping it until we move it from new to used to try and get it sold.

2 your assuming that 1mil of that 3mil who bought used would even buy the game new to start with since most who buy games used only buy used cause they can get a refund for a bad game.

I have seen so many refuse to buy new games even though they are only saving 2$ sometimes cause they cant return it.

The way to battle used games is the online pass's that sell with alot of games that can only be bought from the publishers or make a GOOD game that people want to buy new.

Take games like AC CoD BF etc.. that sell a crap ton new cause they are good games.

Then take crap titles like brink that suck so bad we cant give away copys yet they want people to buy it new and be stuck with it.

Course sony wont make ps4 not play used anyway as they already tried it with psp go and it failed, hence why the VITA went with a game case system again.

Now they might try and make it ilegal to sell games like japan does in other places but they wont try and force it.

If MS didnt do it as well they would kill the ps4 out the door as millions of buyers would just jump to the new xbox.