This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the PS3, Nextbox, and PS4 use Blu-Ray...does that mean Sony gets more cash

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 2/6/2013 7:28:21 PM
Would MS be paying Sony to use Blu-Ray and making money off their games sales since they own Blu-Ray?
---
May 7th 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2RyuuHou25Posted 2/6/2013 7:30:13 PM
In an indirect way, yes.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3IBringItPosted 2/6/2013 7:30:18 PM
Doubtful since Sony doesn't own Blu-Ray
---
http://tinyurl.com/7fl22md
PSN: IconGrist
#4StevetropPosted 2/6/2013 7:34:03 PM
This could float all in the same boat as Sony paying Microsoft to put Windows 7/8 in their VAIO laptops.

Just because they are at competition in some slight section of their business practices that they don't work with each others in other forms.
---
"Everyone else sees the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin
#5chiefofsb78Posted 2/6/2013 7:36:10 PM
IBringIt posted...

Sony is one of the companies that do own it so i guess they would get paid some kind of way think
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#6BloodyBoogerPosted 2/6/2013 7:53:22 PM
was/is ms still paying sony for dvd?
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#7rofflchopperPosted 2/6/2013 7:57:23 PM
This could float all in the same boat as Sony paying Microsoft to put Windows 7/8 in their VAIO laptops.

Just because they are at competition in some slight section of their business practices that they don't work with each others in other forms.

Exactly....
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#8GoreGrossPosted 2/6/2013 8:02:43 PM
IBringIt posted...

Sony is one of the companies that do own it so i guess they would get paid some kind of way think

Sony has patents (the most) in the concept design of a Blu-ray Disc, so yes. Sony makes a small profit off of every disc produced.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#9TheBuddsPosted 2/6/2013 8:16:31 PM
Stevetrop posted...

This guy gets it! Just like skype is on the vita though microsoft owns them.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "