This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game has the Best A.I to date?

#21VanderZooPosted 2/6/2013 10:39:52 PM
Killzone 2.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#22DrakillionPosted 2/6/2013 10:41:09 PM
Probably FEAR 1, and maybe Star Wars: Republic Commando.

Oh, and Elizabeth on Score Attack mode....
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#23digUbetterdeadPosted 2/6/2013 10:41:54 PM
what do you mean by "best" though? smartest? most difficult? most fun to play around with?

the most fun ive ever had with any AI was in the thief series. its so much fun to just mess around with the guards. though theyre far from the smartest or most difficult, i consider them the best because i got the most out of them.
---
'MURICA.
#24silly_sausagePosted 2/7/2013 12:02:08 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Dicer7 posted...
Am I the only one who immediately thought of dating sims after reading the topic?

No. I thought that as well.

I thought it was some kind of "If you could date any game's AI, which would you pick?" deal. Sounds like a ridiculous conclusion to jump to, I know, but there is a topic about "If this board were a woman, would you date her?" after all.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#25SikkaSillPosted 2/7/2013 12:12:02 AM
Definitely Halo, and F.E.A.R. had awesome AI as well but idk how it holds up now since it's been awhile since i've played that game.
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#26Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/7/2013 12:14:19 AM
1) Killzone 2
2) MGS4

I have never played Killzone 2, but it has gotten a reward from technology institutions outside of gaming industry for his extraordinary AI.
MGS4 likewise.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#27DarkSymbiotePosted 2/7/2013 12:15:15 AM
silly_sausage posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Dicer7 posted...
Am I the only one who immediately thought of dating sims after reading the topic?

No. I thought that as well.

I thought it was some kind of "If you could date any game's AI, which would you pick?" deal. Sounds like a ridiculous conclusion to jump to, I know, but there is a topic about "If this board were a woman, would you date her?" after all.

I thought that as well. Cortana came into my mind. Not that I like Cortana.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#28SikkaSillPosted 2/7/2013 12:18:23 AM
Also S.T.A.L.K.E.R has some impressive ai with mods included
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#29baodeusPosted 2/7/2013 12:26:35 AM
i'm not sure what you mean by Best A.I (smart = changing tactic against you and can be difficult to deal with or as in realistic = act like real people would)

I don't really know about smart but if you If you mean realistic, then I haven't seen anything like Fable 2 because those AI just aren't for looks or just occupying a space to make it looks like a town:

1. they have opinion (on you, on others, about themselves, the world, even your dog, etc...) and those opinion dynamically changes depend on what is happening.
2. they change as you do certain things (and i don't mean using interaction wheel, it is so much deeper than that like:
- they get jealous (if they caught you cheating) and even get into argument with each other.
- they get angry (if you abuse them, bothering them) and just stop talking/walk away
- they open up to you and tell you about their life (if you spend a lot of time with them)
- they take notice on everything about you (from looks, to thing you do) and comment/ask question about it
---------------They event stop noticing you if you have that sex change (some even notice certain similarities to your feature and question themselves or contemplating if you really are the hero they have known before while looking at you walking around)
---------------They beg you to lower their rent and chase you outside of town to do so (when i just raise their rent
--------------- They questions your actions
- each of your kids have their own personality (some are quite, some playful, some curious and ask too many questions, some are proud of you or hate you depend on if you are a hero or not, etc.....it gets really weird to a point where i don't know how many type of reaction they have toward you as their parent, not to mention other kids reaction to your kids....
- I seriously don't know how many dialogue Peter put into that game, but they always seem to have different thing to say/do/think/questions/opinion/reaction...etc in such a natural way and appropriate for any events that happen. I have seen a lot and still i see more shocking reaction from them the more i pay attention. I don't even know the extent of their personality/reaction. I can't think of any game out there where I genuinely thought the AI NPC have their own personality (the only other game like Oblivion might have something similar but no where near the extent of fable 2, and the arrow to the knee like Skyrim really kills it).

You just have to hang around with each of them, play around a lot, read up on their profile (I think Peter put that in to help guide you on how to approach them, and hopefully that you might see a different side to them, which I did), just REALLY PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING THEY DO/SAY....eventually you will see they are probably the closet to human you'll see in a game period.

Im playing as a very good guy so maybe that is the pay off for playing that way, you get to see how they react (if you are evil and bring havoc to the world, which sound more fun gameplay wise, everyone will just ignore you and you probably won't see that).