This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not trolling, but with the Nextbox sounding horrible, could the ps4 pull a ps2?

#1Fez_WatleyPosted 2/6/2013 9:33:09 PM
Yeah it looks like Sony with have a Pyrrhic victory in the end with the ps3, but Microsoft gained a lot of ground this gen. With the rumors of the next box possibly being weaker, not allowing used games, and being required to be online, do you thing Microsoft could be shooting themselves in the foot?

I have noticed they have been getting a crapload of backlash for Xbox Live Gold for the past year with holding basic services on it, and i get the feeling if they keep it that way for next gen, along with all of that other stuff, they may regret it. As long as Sony doesn't do any of this stupid crap, and no 599 US dollars, do you think they can come out on top again?

I for one welcome our old Sony overlords.
#2ZantesuskenPosted 2/6/2013 9:35:21 PM
the same exact rumors are going around for the PS4.
---
-Zan-
#3Fez_Watley(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:36:29 PM
I heard Sony was looking at the no used games technology, but haven't seen it mentioned in any of the rumors, nor the always online thing.
#4ry_mannPosted 2/6/2013 9:48:13 PM
Well, it's very likely M$ will modify the LIVE model some. Playing games online will most likely still require GOLD but voice messages and other features may not longer need it.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#5Alky88Posted 2/6/2013 9:57:03 PM
Fez_Watley posted...
I heard Sony was looking at the no used games technology, but haven't seen it mentioned in any of the rumors, nor the always online thing.

Sony has patented a new way to lock used games however it's unlikely to be used as it'd be quite expensive. Either Sony is going with the "always online" method or they're not doing anything at all.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#6TomorrowDogPosted 2/6/2013 10:03:37 PM
Neither Sony or Microsoft is going to take a major step that cuts their customer-base unless the other one also does it.

People need to stop being idiots. One company is not going to take a huge "anti-consumer" step just to watch their competitor destroy them.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#7IChangedMyNamePosted 2/6/2013 10:11:28 PM
I'm abandoning both companies if they do anything that requires a 'always online' approach.

Its one thing to block used, I can deal with that although I think thats BS too, but always online is why I've stopped playing PC legitimately.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#8rofflchopperPosted 2/6/2013 10:20:49 PM
Neither Sony or Microsoft is going to take a major step that cuts their customer-base unless the other one also does it.

People need to stop being idiots. One company is not going to take a huge "anti-consumer" step just to watch their competitor destroy them.

Fanboys would like to believe that one or the other will. They're just as ignorant as the people who believed the PS3 wouldn't be able to play used games.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#9VanderZooPosted 2/6/2013 10:24:11 PM
Fez_Watley posted...
Yeah it looks like Sony with have a Pyrrhic victory in the end with the ps3,

Well la di da, we got a college boy here gents!
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#10OtakuGameraPosted 2/6/2013 10:24:19 PM
i think the market has changed too much for another PS2 to occur, sony really ruined their chance at dominance this gen if they had not mess up with the PS3 there is no doubt in my mind they will still remain on top.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg