This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony fans: Do you have more respect for Nintendo or Microsoft as a competitor?

#21JahkeemyorkPosted 2/7/2013 12:15:21 AM
Nintendo, the fact they're helping devs with funds now is a huge+
#22SophisticationPosted 2/7/2013 12:19:39 AM
I respect Nintendo more than either Sony or Microsoft -- They are the industry at its core. Without Nintendo, without their games and IP, without their imagination and creativity I don't think video games would have ever had a chance...

To me Nintendo is the new age Disney. It's characters more iconic in some aspects, and certainly more intriguing.

Now, I do like and prefer Sony over Nintendo... I would never buy a Nintendo console over a Sony console in this day and age. But I do respect and love Nintendo for the past they've given me.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#23GoodOlWanduPosted 2/7/2013 12:19:53 AM
I have more respect for Nintendo than Microsoft because i blame Microsoft for the downfall of console gaming. The FPS game craze, MS policies about not selling games if their version is worse than another company, i.e. multiplats, etc.

Nintendo sticks to their own audience and i like that.
---
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187
#24656stoogePosted 2/7/2013 12:27:38 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
I respect Nintendo more than Microsoft and Sony.

That. Sure they're behind the times with a lot of things, but I feel they care more about gamers than the other two. Sony is great in some areas though, the fact they keep support new IP's is commendable, but then they go and spoil it all buy saying something stupid like "$599".
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#25WiiareVenomPosted 2/7/2013 12:33:40 AM(edited)
Other, I find them equal, but don't really see the whole competition thing.

If I had to pick one, I would say Microsoft though. Say what you will about paying for live, at least they have an account system for their download games.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#26Chocobo115Posted 2/7/2013 12:56:32 AM
Torn,
I like Nintendo more, but I think I respect Microsoft more as a competitor.
Nintendo has been in it's own leauge for so long.
#27kobalobasileusPosted 2/7/2013 1:11:16 AM
Nintendo. MS deserves no respect, as they SHOULD have been working to make PC gaming as awesome as Steam has done. Instead they made console gaming as bad as PC gaming used to be.
#28jubjub360Posted 2/7/2013 1:18:00 AM
cavebear56 posted...
If you like throwing money away and playing a system that lacks quality exclusives then go with Microsoft.

Otherwise the objective choice (not the subjective) is Nintendo deserving of more respect.

TL;DR (for the avg. GFaqs user my post was long)

Nintendo - Factually/Logically better

Microsoft - Subjectively/Ignorantly better

Lol at Microsoft being the ignorant choice when you yourself are being ignorant.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#29Retroxgamer0Posted 2/7/2013 1:48:40 AM
nintendo doesnt care about their fans at all and they always sell at a net gain. microsoft rips off their costumers and dont give a crap. sony at least cares about their fans.
#30RoachmeatPosted 2/7/2013 2:42:02 AM
If it wasn't for Nintendo, SONY wouldn't even be in the videogame business. Those two are rivals with history, and therefore a necessary competitive element in the industry.

Microsoft just seems to be the odd man out, whose consoles can't seem to top Nintendo or SONY in their home turf of Japan.

As a matter of fact, it could even be said that the Xbox line of consoles are actually competing with the very platform its games are closely related to, the PC.