This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony fans: Do you have more respect for Nintendo or Microsoft as a competitor?

#31jammiesPosted 2/7/2013 3:02:17 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
nintendo doesnt care about their fans at all and they always sell at a net gain. microsoft rips off their costumers and dont give a crap. sony at least cares about their fans.

Nintendo doesn't care about their fans? I had never considered using before now, but I think I'd like your dealer's number.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#32Stanger5150Posted 2/7/2013 3:17:36 AM
Roachmeat posted...
If it wasn't for Nintendo, SONY wouldn't even be in the videogame business. Those two are rivals with history, and therefore a necessary competitive element in the industry.

Microsoft just seems to be the odd man out, whose consoles can't seem to top Nintendo or SONY in their home turf of Japan.

As a matter of fact, it could even be said that the Xbox line of consoles are actually competing with the very platform its games are closely related to, the PC.

Not only that, but the PlayStation came from a disc drive add-on that Nintendo and Sony teamed up on for the SNES that was never completed.

That tech became the PlayStation.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#33YggdrasillePosted 2/7/2013 3:28:05 AM
Nintendo, obviously. No respect for M$ from me.
---
Playing: Ni No Kuni, DOA5 (PS3), Dragon's Dogma (PS3), Tales of Vesperia (PS3), Persona 4 Golden; Waiting for: Naruto SUNS 3, Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia
#34Jon_GodPosted 2/7/2013 3:28:27 AM
Nintendo still cares at least, about making quality games, even if they are casual.

M$ doesn't care and knows that as long as it can get in the spot light, it can sell devices, games and online, even if it has to convince people of things that aren't true.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#35LuminescentRulePosted 2/7/2013 3:30:12 AM
Neither. They both let their fans down.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.minus.com/ibysvI4MthYwm9.gif
#36thesnoopmeisterPosted 2/7/2013 3:35:55 AM
MS. Nintendo are crap.
#37Spetsnaz420Posted 2/7/2013 5:15:55 AM
I have zero respect for MS...they release sub par hardware, charge for online, buy loyalty and lie to their fanbase. Nintendo appeals more to the kind of people I get along with while Sony fulfills my more serious gaming needs
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#38mkfreddddiPosted 2/7/2013 5:41:10 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
nintendo doesnt care about their fans at all and they always sell at a net gain. microsoft rips off their costumers and dont give a crap. sony at least cares about their fans.

they dont care about their fans? they release almost all the games their fans want, mario, zelda, metroid, smash, fans wanted xenoblade, pandoras tower, and last story and they got them. They cater to their fans more than any other company. Microsoft caters to FPS fans. sony is pretty much a mix of them both.
---
PROUD supporter of NINTENDO, microsoft, and sony
--PSN & NNiD: UNTAIM3D_3MP3RR, Live: UNTAIM3D 3MP3RR
#39TheTenth10Posted 2/7/2013 5:47:40 AM
I have utter contempt for them.
Microsoft released a defective console to get a share of the market, gives payoffs to game companies to have exclusivity or to lie about "timed exclusivity" by announcing the game will never exist on the other console and then release it one year later
Nintendo released the Wii with a gimmick of limited efficiency (on most games it will just trigger a reaction if the Wiimote is in the right direction at the right time, not recording the whole movement) to have people who never got interested in video gaming to buy their console - those people don't have any knowledge of technology and don't know what they should expect so it's profiting from their innocence to get their money
#40RollingCradlePosted 2/7/2013 6:23:36 AM
No respect at all for Sony they just ripoff Microsoft and Nintendo every chance they get.

Sony created a dev team for the SOLE purpose of blatantly ripping off a high-profile Nintendo IP, and when the crappy ripoff failed, they walked away from their poor terrible dev without a second thought!